Step 3 prep??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mideis79

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I have read ALOT OF FORUMS!! I mean ALOT. I am planning to take step 3 before residency. I just want to know concisely if possible resources to use. The reason I am stressing over it is because I need to pass this last horrid test on the first attempt. I barely passed step 2 on my first attempt (this is what happens when drug rep dinners and video games are high priority :hardy:). As you can see I am in a little pickle.

BOOKS
Kaplan step 2 ck good for revision

Problem here. Which one to use?:confused:
  1. Not a fan of step 3 by Kaplan. I have them as a gift from a friend. Dont know if I should use them are not. Alot of people hate them, at the same time people swear by it.
  2. BW
  3. CRUSH
  4. FIRST AID
  5. I have MKSAP 14 Software. Is it overkill????
MCQ's
  1. UW:thumbup:
  2. NMS :thumbup:
  3. NMBE for test like previous step exams :thumbup:
CCS
  1. USMLESTEPS123 :thumbup:
  2. FIRST AID CCS section (thank you B&N) :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I used First Aid for the clinical cases and Crush for the high-yield stuff. I didn't do any questions (besides what was on the official CD).

But many others here would recommend USMLE World, IIRC.

Hey I have read ALOT OF FORUMS!! I mean ALOT. I am planning to take step 3 before residency. I just want to know concisely if possible resources to use. The reason I am stressing over it is because I need to pass this last horrid test on the first attempt. I barely passed step 2 on my first attempt (this is what happens when drug rep dinners and video games are high priority :hardy:). As you can see I am in a little pickle.

do premier review course
that's all you need.

www.premierreview.com

BOOKS
Kaplan step 2 ck good for revision

Problem here. Which one to use?:confused:
  1. Not a fan of step 3 by Kaplan. I have them as a gift from a friend. Dont know if I should use them are not. Alot of people hate them, at the same time people swear by it.
  2. BW
  3. CRUSH
  4. FIRST AID
  5. I have MKSAP 14 Software. Is it overkill????
MCQ's
  1. UW:thumbup:
  2. NMS :thumbup:
  3. NMBE for test like previous step exams :thumbup:
CCS
  1. USMLESTEPS123 :thumbup:
  2. FIRST AID CCS section (thank you B&N) :thumbup:

I would add premier review, otherwise perfect study material.s

Members don't see this ad :)

do premier review course
that's all you need.

www.premierreview.com

wonder why this guy got banned. Other than being a bit odd.

Sadly enough. I started my step 3 prep a couple days ago. It not pretty. God I am forgetting everything. Even the easy stuff like treating an MI.

Oh well. I heard so much about premier review for everyone and decided to take a chance on it. I bought it from a friend who did the home prep. So far, it is not that bad. I can tell you its better than the Kaplan Step 3 material. The audio is good, updated and funny. Negative is the Indian accents, but you get use to it. I would say its worth investing and taking a chance. You have to listen to the lectures to take advantage of the course. They are long but not dry.

If I were to Pick between Kaplan or Premier, I would goto Premier. Soo that is my two cents on it.