Step III Step 3 prep

Started by DrAwsome
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrAwsome

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Trying to take step 3 in the next 2 months or so. Hoping for some advice as to best way to prepare? Will likely study for a month or 2 I guess.

I have heard that UWorld is a good resource, I used that for step 2ck as well. I need some other reading material as well.

Is First Aid a good book for step 3? Kaplan? Anything else? Thanks!
 
There is no adequate reading material for step 3. I used the Kaplan book, which was an easy read. If you're not in IM or FM, you're likely not going to do well by just reading a book. I don't think it's even absolutely necessary to waste money on a book.

UWorld is a very good resource. If you just need to pass, you could probably get by just with starting UWorld about a month prior and reviewing the software for CCS prior to your second test day.