Step 3 soon- concerned based on UW SA performance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abbiemae

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been doing okay on UWorld question (I'm 30% through with an average of 62%). I took the UW SA earlier this week and don't think the three number score they gave is passing, but it was 27th percentile- which should be passing correct? They have the median score on that exam as 204 which is not a 50%tile on the actual test. So do I go by the three digit score that is just below passing I think or if I was 27th percentile is that safe? I'm taking the next one early next week.

Edit: my UW SA was a 194 just for further information

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That percentile just means a lot of people are at risk of failing when they take UWSA1 (probably many people taking it for baseline before their review).

The 194 estimated three digit score is what you should use to predict how the test will go

That percentile just means a lot of people are at risk of failing when they take UWSA1 (probably many people taking it for baseline before their review).

The 194 estimated three digit score is what you should use to predict how the test will go
Thanks. That was my concern. Just seems crazy that so many people are close to the fail score on that one. I’m taking the second next week and if I pass that comfortably hopefully will feel better about taking the test two weeks out from that score.

Reactions: 1 user