Step 3, UWSA Form 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jakomo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all

So I've been lurking and seen plenty of posts with Step 3 UWSA underestimating. It looks like there is a (?)new form now.

I just took it, scored in the 58th percentile, but only scored a predicted 210. Now I know there is always the "It doesn't take CCS into account", but just looking to see if anyone else has had similar experience with both UWSA's predicting a low score.

Furthermore, any merit to taking and NBME form? Thoughts on my chances of passing if I pass that + both UWSA's, despite these narrow margins?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Aim to get above 500 on NBME. My take is as follows:

>200 get back to studying, your chances are slim to pass.

>300 iffy chance of passing, you really should perform well on CCS to have a chance of passing.

>400 good chance of passing if you also perform above borderline on CCS

>500 very good chance of passing if you also perform above borderline on CCS. Even a borderline performance on CCS may be passing because your knowledge base for MCQs is already good.

This is based on talking to others online and reading what others have posted.

Last edited:
Dumb question but which NBME are we talking about? I hear about form 3 and 4? Also my test is next monday and I am on a conference from tomorrow to saturday. I am kind of too afraid to still give an NBME, I did the two UWSA. Thanks

Dumb question but which NBME are we talking about? I hear about form 3 and 4? Also my test is next monday and I am on a conference from tomorrow to saturday. I am kind of too afraid to still give an NBME, I did the two UWSA. Thanks
There's only one test for Step 3. Form 4.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I took form 4 yesterday. I ended up getting 500 on it, which is somewhat reassuring.

Can anyone shed any experience on score correlation? I know CCS will play a role, but assuming that has adequate preparation............

500 is the mean so that correlates to a mean Step 3 score of 225.

Rock the CCS you will do at least 230-240 I'm guessing.