Step III Step 3 was impossible!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

musicman1991

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else feel Step 3 was impossible? The cases were the easy part!!!

Personally I don't see the point in making the test that hard. They could easily make the test 1/4 impossible, 1/4 medium, and 1/2 easy. They want to see if you have a basic set of knowledge to be a physician. And most of the tested material differs from practical life anyways.
 
musicman1991 said:
Anyone else feel Step 3 was impossible? The cases were the easy part!!!

Personally I don't see the point in making the test that hard. They could easily make the test 1/4 impossible, 1/4 medium, and 1/2 easy. They want to see if you have a basic set of knowledge to be a physician. And most of the tested material differs from practical life anyways.

I agree, it was harder than I expected too. Everyone assured me it would be easy. However, I did prepare and study for it. I felt pretty confident walking into it. Afterwards, I felt terrible. Even in some of the cases (which was the easiest part), I know I screwed some things up. I really thought I might have failed. Anyway, I got my score back and passed with plenty to spare. I think people just like to say it's easy after they know they have passed. Anyway, I agree, there is no need to make it, at least seem, as hard as it is...