Step III Step 3

Started by layne20
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

layne20

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you have already taken Step 3 of the USMLE, I was just wondering approximately how long it took to get your scores back? Thanks!
 
Thanks for the reply! I took mine June 25/27, so it has been about 3.5 weeks so far. I sure hope it doesn't take eight weeks for mine!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just in case anyone else is wondering about this, I took my USMLE Step 3 on June 25/27, and my score report was released today, July 27.
 
I am still waiting for my score report, supposedly mine was processed 07/20/05 per the NBME website. Have you received your report?
 
layne20 said:
Yes, I received my score report in the mail yesterday, July 29. I think I would contact them!

While we're on the topic I have a quick question. When during your intern year should/could you take Step 3? As far as I know, as long as you've passed 1 and 2 you can take 3 whenever you want, but when would one feel comfortable enough to take it during intern year? My program is kinda "suggesting" that I take it ASAP when my schedule permits...thoughts???
 
I took mine on June 25/27, before I even started my internship on July 1. I studied a couple hours a day for about 2 weeks, and I passed just fine. I am sure you will, too. Of course, if you wait until the end of the intern year, you might be able to pull off a really stellar score, but I, personally, would rather take a few points off just to have the thing out of the way. I hope this helps.