• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

GAA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hi, I need some advice
I'm starting ophtho next july, I'm planning on taking step 3 this month. How important is the score for the future (fellowships, etc). ??
Thanks

About the Ads

7ontheline

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2001
Chicago
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Some fellowships will ask for you scores, so it can potentially make a difference.

Dave

While some fellowships do ask for scores, I have never heard of them making any difference in any discussions with those doing the selection of the fellows. I suppose if you had an egregiously low score it might matter, but your residency performance and letters/who you know are infinitely more important.

Wolverine98

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2006
West Bloomfield, MI
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I agree. However, if you're going to an extra competitive field, do you want to risk losing that as a tie-breaker? I wouldn't. It's just like everything else on an application; even if it's not discussed directly, it can still knock you down just that tiny half-peg, and that might be all it takes.

Dave

7ontheline

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2001
Chicago
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
No argument there I suppose. In any case, especially if you're taking it so soon after internship, it should be easy. Just take things seriously and study (you don't have to kill yourself) and you'll be fine. 99% chance your score never matters, but people in this profession tend to be a little anal so I guess it couldn't hurt to try to do well.

GAA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
thanks
I want to finish with this test ASAP, so I can start reading some ophtho before starting residnecy

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.