step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cellmatrix

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten my exam score back for step 3 yet and it has been exactly 4 weeks...should I be worried? I am concerned that perhaps if I passed it would have been reported by now. I thought the score is typically reported back within 3 - 4 weeks...

Members don't see this ad.

I always thought it was 4-6 weeks. But mine was several years ago now. I don't think when you get your score back has any relationship to whether you passed or not. In addition, many people have reported in the past about receiving surveys that seem to imply that you passed or failed the test (depending on how your brain perceives it). But the survey is just a standard survey.

Last year I did receive it in about 3-4 weeks, but for Step 2 it took considerably longer because it was the time of year when they were recalculating the means and whatnot. So perhaps something like that is going on. I don't think there is any difference in reporting time if you passed or failed.