Step-by-step CAAPID success

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gurjot

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been getting many messages about how to succeed in getting admission, so I'll review it step by step.

1- Apply for an ECE course-by course evaluation

2- Apply for a Dentpin

3- Apply for NBDE1-
The part 1 is usually more difficult than the part 2 for us. Not the questions, it's just been a long time since we covered those topics and we hardly use the information in the clinic.
My studying routine- at least 4 months! Dental Decks and ASDA papers are probably sufficient but I also used Kaplan lecture notes.
Kaplan (about 2months)-Cover approximately 1 subject per week in Kaplan starting with your weakest (then review it after your done with all of them).
Decks (1 month)-Follow up with Decks
Final review- second review of decks simultaneous with ASDA papers.
Look online to find more questions, do as many as you can.

4- NBDE part2-
Comparatively easier and more practical. Take atleast 3 months to study!
All subjects from Dental Decks and Mosby (especially patient management).
Pharmacology review from Tufts Pharma review
Lastly use ASDA papers and the internet.

5- Letters of Recommendation-
You can't control what your professors will write but you should know who will give you the best review. Try the friendlier teachers.

6- Statement of Purpose-
THE ONLY THING THAT YOU HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL OF IN THE APPLICATION!
One of the most important parts of your application! The SOP is like your first impression in front of the dental schools, a reason why you're invited and where a lot of your interview questions are asked from. I personally had professional help to get it edited. It cost me money, but less than the amount I would have to pay to interview at 1 more colleges and a lot less than it would've cost me to reapply to CAAPID (if I didn't get in).

7- Bench test-
Watch videos on youtube, get a compressor from the Home Depot, and order a portable dental unit from ebay. You may have to purchase 1 more piece from Home Depot to connect the 2.

8- Interview-
No one is here to eat you alive, Be yourself- stay positive!
You've made it to the top 100 of 1000's. Speak clearly, get training if you have to.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I received many messages about people asking about the help I received for SOP- his contact is [email protected]. Sorry for the late reply guys!