Step/Comlex 1 and IM Shelf: Overlap?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smiths11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am taking my IM shelf next week Wednesday and Comlex 1 on Friday. I know it's ****ty, but the dates offered for Comlex are so few and far between. My question is that do I have to study for the IM shelf at all? I heard that there is a lot of overlap. I am okay with just passing, as I don't think I have another choice.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

What? IM shelf similar to step 1? Nope. IM shelf is the most bad ass shelf and most school have you take it in the end. Besides IM shelf/STep2 focuses more on management and treatment of the patient while step1 is more of a mechanism and theory behind concepts

They are totally different.

Oh, damnit. Some people are telling me the opposite. Strange. Maybe it's different for DO and MD? I'm DO.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
im shelf is like step 2
it's not like step 1 at all
can't tell you about comlex, i don't know a thing about rib raising or any of that voodoo

Reactions: 1 user
im shelf is like step 2
it's not like step 1 at all
can't tell you about comlex, i don't know a thing about rib raising or any of that voodoo
1394640362711.gif

I am trained in that witchcraft.

Even if you are taking COMATS and not NBME Shelf, still its more like step 2 and nit step 1