Step-CS results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Matas

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone received the results of Step2-CS yet? I took the test on August 13 in Atlanta and still waiting. anyone else has some input?

M

Members don't see this ad.

I also took Step 2 CS in August, and haven't heard anything yet. Rumor has it that the first set of results will be released in early November, then 6-8 weeks after the test date (as they catch up).

Blade28 said:
I also took Step 2 CS in August, and haven't heard anything yet. Rumor has it that the first set of results will be released in early November, then 6-8 weeks after the test date (as they catch up).

Has anyone heard anything yet?
Just took the test this past week and am curious to see the results.

I have heard the same as Blade (early November for the first results).

Took mine August 3rd and have heard nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Inside information tells me they are coming in November or December, depending how early you took them.

how is it that people who took their Step 2 CS in early August haven't received their results as of yet? when will people who took their exam later get their results? is it possible that people who take the CS in early November will get their results only in February at their earliest?

this is ridculous! what happened to the usual 6-8 week waiting period? Step 2 CS is a joke and a complete financial scam! with all the medical students in the northeast, how do they not have a testing center in NYC or boston?

Amen to that statement about the test sites, prominence!

I live in NYC and had to fly to Chicago just to take the exam. With all the students in the northeast plus the FMGs who do their clinical rotations here, having only the Philly center is a complete joke. Overlooking NYC was unacceptable when they added the new exam sites...

The delay in obtaining results was actually forecasted last summer. That is why they suggested having the exam completed before January 1 so that results would be available for the Match.

Hi there!

Can someone say something about how the CS results will be used in the Match? I think it's just pass/fail, right?

Thanks!

JKP said:
Hi there!

Can someone say something about how the CS results will be used in the Match? I think it's just pass/fail, right?

Thanks!

yup, it's reported as a pass/fail result.

Just finished my second residency interview in the Midwest. I was interviewed by the Dean of one school. He informed my that they need a certain number of students to take the test to get a solid "n" value for statistical purposes. Once they determine this, other scores will be returned quicker. Scanner

Did any of you take your test down in Houston? I'm trying to find a good hotel to stay at that is walking distance. The USMLE website said Clarion hotel was 1.2 miles away but when I checked it was only 0.2 miles away?! Or should I just stay at the Marriott?

For our medical school, we have the class average for the Class of 2005, as of 11/15/04.

I do not know whether these numbers are good or bad though, compared to the national average.

Attachments

• CSA_Results.doc
    30.6 KB · Views: 293
When would you recommend taking this test? End of 3rd yr early 4th or later in 4th yr?
Thanks a bunch.
:scared: