step i prometric confirmation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bulldog

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

on the orange sheets it says u have to go to prometric.com to confirm 1 wk before test date. how do u do this? I got a 1xxxxxxx confirmation number when i signed up...and that was 3 months ago. do i need to do anything else?

also, on day of the test, how long does it take? is it safe to say that most people will use the full 9am-5pm time? (paper says arrive 30 minutes early at 8:30am).

So, If i skipped the intro, I'd get 1 hr break + 15 = 75 min break? If I finished my first two sections in 55 minutes, then I'd get a 75 + 5 + 5 min break = 85 total minute of breaks? I'm planning to do 3 sections, take a break between every section, then lunch, then two more sections, a longer 10 minute break, and finish off the test.

Members don't see this ad.

I forgot to confirm my appointment, and it made no difference, I was still on the roster for the day. Everyone uses a different amount of time. I was scheduled to start at 8:00, but the center let us get started as soon as they opened their doors, and I was done with my test at 12:45.

You start out with 45 minutes of break time, skipping the tutorial bumps you up to an hour. Time you don't use on a block adds to your break time. I had over 2 hours of break time left when I finished the test.

Discobolus said:
I forgot to confirm my appointment, and it made no difference, I was still on the roster for the day. Everyone uses a different amount of time. I was scheduled to start at 8:00, but the center let us get started as soon as they opened their doors, and I was done with my test at 12:45.

You start out with 45 minutes of break time, skipping the tutorial bumps you up to an hour. Time you don't use on a block adds to your break time. I had over 2 hours of break time left when I finished the test.

How were you adding to your breaktime?

When I took the test last month, once I clicked "close block" whatever time you had remaining on the block was lost and your "break time" started. So you could have finished say block 4 with 20 minutes to spare, but once you pushed Submit whatever remaining time of your 45 minutes immediately began to countdown.