Step I Step I vs NBME Comp. Basic Science Exam

Started by Jeff698
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jeff698

EM/EMS nerd
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Howdy y'all!

I just took the NMBE's Comprehensive Basic Science examination. Our school required that all second year's take it, presumably as a wake up call to 'motivate' us to study hard for Step I.

I'm wondering how representative it is of what I can expect on Step I. Has anyone taken both?

I've been taking practice questions, including NBME's 'old' Step I questions that come with their demo testing software and TPR's practice exam. All of those seem much more straightfoward and more clinically relevant than the questions I took today.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Take care,
Jeff
MS-II, UTMB
Galveston, TX