Step II step II ck study material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jack sperrow

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably discussed before, but I only found one thread with no much discussion. So I appreciate your time in advance.

I am preparing for ck, but don't like to study for ever nor to cram the exam. I'd like to get it done within 4 weeks or 8 in worst case scenario. So could you please let me know what review book (that's almost comprehensive and detailed in explaining concepts) that I can use beside UW?

In case I should be using 2 sources, which I don't prefer as it is time consuming, could you please tell me what is your recommendation?



Thanks again
 
By the way, I read FA little bit but didn't like it as in some topics it is superficial and lacks important concepts.

every step 2 review book is superficial there is way too much information. probably the most thorough would be the whole kaplan series. i say stick with a review book and do tons of questions (UWorld, Kaplan...)
 
lakersbaby,

Thanks for the advice. Honestly, I know kaplan is the most comprehensive one, but its narrative way drives me nuts. Some recommended them plus MTB as a review, plus UW of course, but I hate the whole idea of kaplan.

If I used secrets and step up to medicine, plus UW, do you think that I will be missing too much? In other words, can I get a decent solid score by using them only?

Please advice.

Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lakersbaby,

Thanks for the advice. Honestly, I know kaplan is the most comprehensive one, but its narrative way drives me nuts. Some recommended them plus MTB as a review, plus UW of course, but I hate the whole idea of kaplan.

If I used secrets and step up to medicine, plus UW, do you think that I will be missing too much? In other words, can I get a decent solid score by using them only?

Please advice.

Thanks

i think those 3 are definitely enough material for you to do really well its just about getting down and focusing for however many weeks you got. i know people just did secrets and crush with uworld and studied for 3 weeks and got 250+ so its definitely possible.
 
i think those 3 are definitely enough material for you to do really well its just about getting down and focusing for however many weeks you got. i know people just did secrets and crush with uworld and studied for 3 weeks and got 250+ so its definitely possible.


Thanks for your reply. On another thought, I was reading from step up to medicine (online) and found it difficult to go through. So I am proposing this plan. Secrets, MTB and UW. I may use kaplan though as a reference for concepts. do you think that works for a solid score?

Any advice is appreciated
Thanks