step II ck study material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jack sperrow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Probably discussed before, but I only found one thread with no much discussion. So I appreciate your time in advance.

I am preparing for ck, but don't like to study for ever nor to cram the exam. I'd like to get it done within 4 weeks or 8 in worst case scenario. So could you please let me know what review book (that's almost comprehensive and detailed in explaining concepts) that I can use beside UW?

In case I should be using 2 sources, which I don't prefer as it is time consuming, could you please tell me what is your recommendation?

Thanks again

Members don't see this ad.

By the way, I read FA little bit but didn't like it as in some topics it is superficial and lacks important concepts.

By the way, I read FA little bit but didn't like it as in some topics it is superficial and lacks important concepts.

every step 2 review book is superficial there is way too much information. probably the most thorough would be the whole kaplan series. i say stick with a review book and do tons of questions (UWorld, Kaplan...)

lakersbaby,

Thanks for the advice. Honestly, I know kaplan is the most comprehensive one, but its narrative way drives me nuts. Some recommended them plus MTB as a review, plus UW of course, but I hate the whole idea of kaplan.

If I used secrets and step up to medicine, plus UW, do you think that I will be missing too much? In other words, can I get a decent solid score by using them only?

Please advice.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
lakersbaby,

Thanks for the advice. Honestly, I know kaplan is the most comprehensive one, but its narrative way drives me nuts. Some recommended them plus MTB as a review, plus UW of course, but I hate the whole idea of kaplan.

If I used secrets and step up to medicine, plus UW, do you think that I will be missing too much? In other words, can I get a decent solid score by using them only?

Please advice.

Thanks

i think those 3 are definitely enough material for you to do really well its just about getting down and focusing for however many weeks you got. i know people just did secrets and crush with uworld and studied for 3 weeks and got 250+ so its definitely possible.

i think those 3 are definitely enough material for you to do really well its just about getting down and focusing for however many weeks you got. i know people just did secrets and crush with uworld and studied for 3 weeks and got 250+ so its definitely possible.

Thanks for your reply. On another thought, I was reading from step up to medicine (online) and found it difficult to go through. So I am proposing this plan. Secrets, MTB and UW. I may use kaplan though as a reference for concepts. do you think that works for a solid score?

Any advice is appreciated
Thanks