Jul 14, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Probably discussed before, but I only found one thread with no much discussion. So I appreciate your time in advance.

I am preparing for ck, but don't like to study for ever nor to cram the exam. I'd like to get it done within 4 weeks or 8 in worst case scenario. So could you please let me know what review book (that's almost comprehensive and detailed in explaining concepts) that I can use beside UW?

In case I should be using 2 sources, which I don't prefer as it is time consuming, could you please tell me what is your recommendation?

Thanks again

lakersbaby

10+ Year Member
May 31, 2006
Californ-I-A
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
By the way, I read FA little bit but didn't like it as in some topics it is superficial and lacks important concepts.

every step 2 review book is superficial there is way too much information. probably the most thorough would be the whole kaplan series. i say stick with a review book and do tons of questions (UWorld, Kaplan...)

Jul 14, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
lakersbaby,

Thanks for the advice. Honestly, I know kaplan is the most comprehensive one, but its narrative way drives me nuts. Some recommended them plus MTB as a review, plus UW of course, but I hate the whole idea of kaplan.

If I used secrets and step up to medicine, plus UW, do you think that I will be missing too much? In other words, can I get a decent solid score by using them only?

Please advice.

Thanks

About the Ads

lakersbaby

10+ Year Member
May 31, 2006
Californ-I-A
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
lakersbaby,

Thanks for the advice. Honestly, I know kaplan is the most comprehensive one, but its narrative way drives me nuts. Some recommended them plus MTB as a review, plus UW of course, but I hate the whole idea of kaplan.

If I used secrets and step up to medicine, plus UW, do you think that I will be missing too much? In other words, can I get a decent solid score by using them only?

Please advice.

Thanks

i think those 3 are definitely enough material for you to do really well its just about getting down and focusing for however many weeks you got. i know people just did secrets and crush with uworld and studied for 3 weeks and got 250+ so its definitely possible.

Jul 14, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i think those 3 are definitely enough material for you to do really well its just about getting down and focusing for however many weeks you got. i know people just did secrets and crush with uworld and studied for 3 weeks and got 250+ so its definitely possible.

Thanks for your reply. On another thought, I was reading from step up to medicine (online) and found it difficult to go through. So I am proposing this plan. Secrets, MTB and UW. I may use kaplan though as a reference for concepts. do you think that works for a solid score?

Any advice is appreciated
Thanks

About the Ads
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.