1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Step II CK trouble

Discussion in 'Step II' started by goldie, Dec 15, 2005.

1. goldie

goldie Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Ugh. Just did Step II CK and I think I blew it. Despite First Aid and all the USMLEWorld and such it went badly. Anyway, I know scores don't come out for a while (6 weeks?), and with match lists made in February, is there any chance programs won't know about a potentially bad score? I marked "no" on the ERAS regarding transmission of new scores to programs, but have heard that's not really true.

And if I fail, can a program (if they take me) turn me away once matched?

Just curious. And freaking out.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ice-1

Ice-1 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hang in there and don't give up yet! Lots of people have taken tests, thought they failed and then were fine when the grades came out. Whether or not the programs can rescind the match contract (once signed by both parties) may depend on the terms, so if you are worried about it look over the contracts that you recieved at interviews. Alot of programs are giving them out to every interviewee and having a form signed that you got a copy. I'm not certain about ERAS transmission, I think that you have to go to the programs you applied to and actually check it off for the individual programs to actually get the scores. Anyone out there with a different opinion?

4. robotsonic

robotsonic Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey goldie :) I really doubt that you failed, especially if you completed USMLEWorld. These tests are long and frustrating and even though it seems like you didn't even recognize a third of the answer choices, you end up doing fine.

And marking "no" on ERAS was smart. I was a tad overconfident when applying and decided to mark "yes". I'm taking the exam next week and I know that after the exam I will be worried that 1) I failed and 2) the schools will see it as soon as the results are out and won't rank me.

And I don't think a school would turn you away after the match. It would be a huge effort for them to try and get a replacement at that point. I'm sure they would just want you to retake it and pass.

5. Orange Julius

Orange Julius Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I dunno. That test is pretty hard. I'd say it's very possible. ;)

6. inositide

inositide Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dont panic until after you have the results. The score will be reported to your school in 3.5-4 weeks. On tests like these, people often feel like they did worse than they actually did. Don't lose hope.