Step II CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

min27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Sorry I'm posting again.
Just wanted some feedback on a potentially huge mistake I made.

I was examining the thoracic spine in one of my cases and diagnosed T5-9 rotated L. I was going to check flexion/extension on those segments, but I was running out of time, I only checked T8-9 and found it extended. I was also pretty rushed during my SOAP note, so without thinking I ended up writing T5-9 ESLRL even though I only check T8-9 for extension.

How badly is this going to hurt me?

Members don't see this ad.

That's way more in depth than any physical exam I didon anyone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That's way more in depth than any physical exam I didon anyone

+1. I didn't do anything close to that on any of my back pain cases, and I did well on the ICE section. I doubt something like that is going to significantly hurt your chances of passing.

Hm, I should have clarified that this was the Comlex level II CS, and I was doing an osteopathic exam.
Does that change the severity of my mistake?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you didn't make this mistake on every patient. I'm pretty sure I only treated one side of a patient in one of my OMM techniques and it did not affect my score.

I was examining the thoracic spine in one of my cases and diagnosed T5-9 rotated L. I was going to check flexion/extension on those segments, but I was running out of time, I only checked T8-9 and found it extended. I was also pretty rushed during my SOAP note, so without thinking I ended up writing T5-9 ESLRL even though I only check T8-9 for extension.

How badly is this going to hurt me?
Actually, generally speaking group dysfunctions are always Type I, so if you found T5-9 RL on exam, you could conclude that the diagnosis would be T5-9 NSrRl, no need to check sagittal plane motion. ;)

That being said... people in my class PASSED after reporting all kinds of massive screw-ups. I don't think yours was that big of a mistake at all. As long as you spoke to your patient in English and managed to not throw up on or openly insult them you should be fine. :thumbup:

Moderator might consider moving this to the COMLEX II forum.

Last edited:
Everybody walks out feeling they failed....you will be stressed as hell the next few days (and nights).....then you'll forget about it until a week before results and start tripping out again lol

good luck i think you'll be alight