Step III cancellation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MNCASC

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just thought I'd give ppl a heads up. I originally had scheduled my step 3 for beginning of June. However, I received the mass email update from USMLE last week stating that cancellations of tests were finished for the month of May and June and to go ahead and reschedule in those months if needed. So I rescheduled to end of May. However, I called my testing center today and they told me today that I will be cancelled because I am an 'odd number' seat. This was very upsetting considering I was told no more cancellations will be made in the month of May. I then contacted USMLE and they have since retracted the statement that all cancellations were done. They told me that they are still cancelling in May and June and to refer to prometric for any updates. Just letting you all know.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
HI
Hey everyone. Just thought I'd give ppl a heads up. I originally had scheduled my step 3 for beginning of June. However, I received the mass email update from USMLE last week stating that cancellations of tests were finished for the month of May and June and to go ahead and reschedule in those months if needed. So I rescheduled to end of May. However, I called my testing center today and they told me today that I will be cancelled because I am an 'odd number' seat. This was very upsetting considering I was told no more cancellations will be made in the month of May. I then contacted USMLE and they have since retracted the statement that all cancellations were done. They told me that they are still cancelling in May and June and to refer to prometric for any updates. Just letting you all know.

HI
My test was scheduled for next week. I found out today that my test has been Cancelled. Im devastated. Any luck on scheduling? Im seeing August as the first availability.