Step III experience for IMGs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unhigenyx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if IMGs would like to chime in and share their experience of step III. How long did they prep? What is the best source? How well did they do? Any gems?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if IMGs would like to chime in and share their experience of step III. How long did they prep? What is the best source? How well did they do? Any gems?

Thanks,

I do not think there is a difference between IMG vs. AMG with respect to step 3. The most crucial thing that can make some difference is whether or not you completed at least one year of residency. In general, residents fare better on step 3 than those who are not yet in residency.
I did very well on my exam ( scored 91) but I am in my residency so, there is a bias there. Preperation of 8 to 12 weeks is usually sufficienct. Forums are very useful and you will get helpful suggestion on the preparation and also, on the important step 3 cases, questions etc. Through out your preparation, I would suggest closely following the forums. Please be aware that if you do very well on the CCS passing becomes very easy. If you need my experience, please refer my previous post at http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=668622

best wishes