Step/Level Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blatauthoshunt42

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm an OMS-II that just began Winter Break. I have registered for Step 1 (05/22) & Level 1 (05/29) of next year. My school has the flipped classroom model and we learn based on units. Our last unit is from January to March and is the Neuro/Psych unit.

However, I want to start studying for my exams this winter break. Can anyone assist me in finding a schedule on how to do well? My goal is 240+ for Step 1.

Can anyone link to a 5 month schedule for these exams? I have U World, Kaplan, & Rx Q Banks.

Feeling really lost and any advice/schedules for winter break and spring would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I think these are pretty easy to find if you just google "Step I study schedules" posts from Phloston and Taus come to mind, but the world is bigger than SDN fyi

That being said, I think there is too little emphasis on not farming out things like making one's own study schedule. It really does work best if you make the time (like throughout a free day or even a dedicated hour or two) to sit down and decide what you need to cover by when and how you're going to do it. I'm very type-A, so I actually loved doing this. After you have constructed your perfect plan (with built in contingencies), literally all you have to do is follow your own steps.

Several major advantages to this over using a generic schedule or someone else's:
1. It's literally bespoke to YOU
2. because YOU made it and no one knows you better!
3. Everything you schedule in is for a purpose and you know what that purpose is. Certain generic schedules will have you take a practice exam after a week of studying... is that really useful? Only you can answer that for yourself
4. IMO, it's just less stressful because I don't trust anyone else with my study plan other than me, but maybe you don't feel that way

Reactions: 1 user