"Step Up"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bono

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I just started my second year and i was wandering if anyone has any opinons on the book called Step Up . I tried doing an advanced search for it but all the hits weren't pertinent.

I know this book is divided into an organ based system (like my school's second year). Is it that different from First Aid with respect to the material? Just want to know anyone's thoughts on this book and if it helped them for 2nd year and/or Step one Thanks!!

-Bono :p

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Bono,

Step Up is a good book for covering all the basics. I found it very helpful as a review over each organ system and it helped cement concepts for me. It is also a much easier read than First Aid.

However, most student will tell you that First Aid is the gold standard for step 1. Everything is high yield and you will probably see it on the exam, though the book is harder to read as it's really a collection of facts and tables.

My advice:
Use Step Up as the first book to cover all your bases, then jump to First Aid and plow through it as many times as possible.

Good luck.

step up is good if you are using a systems based approach. It helps you keep info a little more compartmentalized. First aid is still the best as everyone is saying.