Step Up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolmavs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am interested in getting your opinion about this book. It would be great if anyone who has used this book or has any opinion on it would put it up on the forum.

Members don't see this ad.

I felt like the book was too wordy for my tastes.

It also doesnt cover a lot of the material that is in First Aid and that appears on the USMLE.

If you want, use it as an adjunct, but I wouldnt make it my primary source.

On a personal note - the "quick hits" in that book really annoyed me b/c they were the most basic concepts.

For what it's worth, I thought step up was a fantastic book. Personally I felt like my med school career started when I began studying for step 1. As such, I felt my level of knowledge was subpar and starting with first aid from the beginning was like reading greek. So I started with step up instead based on a friend's advice, and I thought it was an awesome book to recap with. Having said that I would recommend that you FINISH with First Aid. This was part of the strategy I used, and I feel like it worked pretty well, especially based on my starting point.