Step2 CS Philadelphia Statistics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was told that the majority of people who fail CS tested in Philadelphia. Is this true? Are there any statistics floating around for each test center?

Members don't see this ad.

I was told that the majority of people who fail CS tested in Philadelphia. Is this true? Are there any statistics floating around for each test center?

I doubt it's true and I really doubt the stats are available. If they identified a testing center bias, they'd probably fix it. Having said that, it's hard to put anything past these guys who took $1000+ from us for this worthless test that I learned nothing from.

It is a standardized test. Location probably does not matter. The USMLE looks at testing data intensely, so if Philly was failing everyone, then they would have an investigation about why that happened.

If you are an AMG, you have a ~97 % chance of passing.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Just stay away from the Philly cheese steaks the day before the exam. This way, you won't get crippling diarrhea during the test that forces you to leave... and ultimately fail. :thumbdown:

Just stay away from the Philly cheese steaks the day before the exam. This way, you won't get crippling diarrhea during the test that forces you to leave... and ultimately fail. :thumbdown:

Philly cheese steak will hit you so fast that you don't even have time to get out of the shower to the toilet. It would definitely result in carpet cleaning fees in addition to a failing CIS score.

Dunno about that, but I took the exam a year ago in Philly..felt like I did everything right. Got the score report a few months later with a big FAIL. Sucks, but gonna take it again next month...this time in LA.

Dunno about that, but I took the exam a year ago in Philly..felt like I did everything right. Got the score report a few months later with a big FAIL. Sucks, but gonna take it again next month...this time in LA.

Could you elaborate? Did it say what you didn't do? Not to pry but any advice would be appreciated.

Could you elaborate? Did it say what you didn't do? Not to pry but any advice would be appreciated.

Unfortunately I was an idiot and didn't save the score report. I didn't realize at the time that there was a 120 day time limit that it was accessible. But I do remember that it was my history/physical exam/patient note section that was lacking.

Not to be nosy, but are you an AMG or IMG?

Do you have any idea as to why you were lacking in those areas you mentioned? Were you pressed for time or something?

Does anyone know of any motels that are near/closest to the Philadelphia test center?

Not to be nosy, but are you an AMG or IMG?

Do you have any idea as to why you were lacking in those areas you mentioned? Were you pressed for time or something?

IMG. Absolutely no idea why I got pwned in those areas. I came out thinking I did pretty well, all things considered. But that's what you get when you have non-medical people judging your medical abilities. The exam is essentially BS, just gotta play it right I guess.

I took my CS in Philly. I left feeling like my Data Gathering sucked and that I was doomed to fail, but ended up passing and with that section in particular, I got a star and high performance :smuggrin:, still don't know how that happened. And what I thought I would definitely get a star in, I didn't. The staff there are very nice. And Yes I did have a Philly steak the day before at the Amtrak station and did not experience any GI symptoms
biggrin.gif

Guys, that took CS exam in Philadelphia, please share your opinion about the center and if you have any advice!!!