Step2ck - mult. Q's with same answer set?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorlarry

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

For anyone who has taken step2 ck:

Was there only one question format like kaplan q-bank and usmleworld (1 vignette:1 answer set)?

Or were there also multiple vignettes pertaining to the same answer set (like on NBME assessment)?

Please advise. Thanks to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

as i recall, there were a few mult vignettes...but, i am not sure. however, if they are on nbme they are certainly possible for step 2ck

If you've taken a third year NBME shelf exam, then you'll know the multi-vignette style they use on the CK (there are always like 8 questions at the end of each shelf).

If you haven't taken a shelf....

..at the top of the screen you'll be given a list of about 16-20 or so answer choices to choose from and the directions will say "the same answer choices apply to each of the next two (three) questions". So, you'll see all your answers at the top, and there will be a short (comparatively) vignette at the bottom. You simply pick the answer. Then, when you click Next, the answer choices will still be there in the same order, but the vignette will have changed.

Sometimes the multi-vignettes will ask you for the diagnosis, but sometimes they'll ask for the initial workup or treatment as it pertains to each vignette.

Members don't see this ad :)
doctorlarry said:
Hello,

For anyone who has taken step2 ck:

Was there only one question format like kaplan q-bank and usmleworld (1 vignette:1 answer set)?

Or were there also multiple vignettes pertaining to the same answer set (like on NBME assessment)?

Please advise. Thanks to everyone!

CK was set up almost exactly like the NBME assessment tests. There were multiple vignettes (usually two) dealing with the same answer set on pretty much every section. Hope this helps.

Agreed. At least on my test, the multiple answer sets had good vignettes accompanying them. Many of the answers could be "crossed out" as you read the vignette.

Would you all say that CK is easier than/as hard as/harder than the "released materials" tests? Thanks much.

Much harder than the released items. I'll let you know after Thursday when I get done taking it, however all of my classmates that have taken it laughed at the released items and got 80% or more of them right. They said the real test was harder for sure than the released items.

Dam. Figured as much when I got a 92!

What about Brochert's mock exam? The guy who wrote Crush, that is.

doctorlarry said:

Took it today. There were 2-5 of these each section (about 20-30 for the entire exam).