step2cs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usmle aspirant 18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anyone advce me on how much time is required for preparing for CS approx.?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say most people take less than a week to prepare. But it depends on how well your school prepared you for these kinds of exams. We had OSCEs for pretty much every rotation and then at the end of 3rd year we had a practice CS complete with note-writing stations between each SP station. I felt very prepared going into CS and I just took 3-4 days before my test to read through FA for CS and practice a couple scenarios with the timed note writing. Some people may need more time and more extensive practice, it's really dependent on the individual.

I'd say most people take less than a week to prepare. But it depends on how well your school prepared you for these kinds of exams. We had OSCEs for pretty much every rotation and then at the end of 3rd year we had a practice CS complete with note-writing stations between each SP station. I felt very prepared going into CS and I just took 3-4 days before my test to read through FA for CS and practice a couple scenarios with the timed note writing. Some people may need more time and more extensive practice, it's really dependent on the individual.
I have been getting way below average in my school OSCE... My OSCEs have been in the low 70s while our average(s) have been in the low 80s. I will have 2 weeks to study for CS. Do you think that I need a class on top of that?

I have been getting way below average in my school OSCE... My OSCEs have been in the low 70s while our average(s) have been in the low 80s. I will have 2 weeks to study for CS. Do you think that I need a class on top of that?

I don't think you'll need a class but maybe find a trustworthy partner to go through some FA cases with. They can test you on how well you do based on the checklist in each case.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you'll need a class but maybe find a trustworthy partner to go through some FA cases with. They can test you on how well you do based on the checklist in each case.
I plan on doing that starting in 6 weeks from now I am scheduled to take the test at the end of September. I am so afraid of that exam...

I plan on doing that starting in 6 weeks from now I am scheduled to take the test at the end of September. I am so afraid of that exam...

Don't be. The worst part is the wait for your score, not the exam itself. If you get through FA and you're familiar with the format and what they expect, you will be fine.

Reactions: 1 user