USMLE Step3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vdawg2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My program says that they require our passing score by May 1 but I have not been able to study much and think I need to push it back. I have been doing UWorld Qs here and there when I can squeeze them in for a long time (like 2 years!). I think my average score over the past 2 months on the last 600 unused questions is around 56%. My cumulative since I started the bank in Sep 2012 is 59% but that includes re-doing some marked ones

I think this means I am right there on the borderline of passing right? Meaning I have a 50% chance of passing the test if I took it tomorrow.

I have 2 weeks left until my scheduled exam date and am planning on taking a practice test sometime this upcoming week. Most likely UWorld Assessment because I already paid for it although I heard the NBMEs are more accurate at predicting your score.

My question to those that have analyzed the trends etc is this: What do I absolutely need to score on this assessment as a minimum to even think about going in to the exam with the goal of passing? And what is a comfortable score to predict passing on the real thing? I know CCS not being in the practice test clouds it a lot. Please everyone, give me some advice. I need to know if I should delay the exam again. My program will likely be pissed but I don't care. I will not sit for the exam if predictors say I dont have a reasonable chance to pass.

Members don't see this ad.

hey if you want to switch dates to early may, I'd be more than happy to switch dates if you'd like.