Steps To Get Into DH Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rlh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a student interested in the DH program, but to be honest I am confused at what it takes to get in. I have been taking classes at my college for three semesters now and no one has really pointed me in the right direction. What does it take? Do I just take as many prereqs in science as I can and then apply? Do I get an AA? Should I pick one school who's DH program I want to get into and take all of their prereqs there? Can I become a RDA and then have a better chance of getting in? I would really appreciate it if someone could steer me in the right direction, because I'm currently just lost taking random science classes, because it seems each DH program wants different ones.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm not sure. This is a forum for people who want to be dentists not RDHs. There is a specific RDH forum, you should give that one a try. Good luck!

I know of no specific RDH forum, so you are welcome to post your questions here. The requirements for DH depend on the school you are interested in, and whether you will be doing an Associates or Bachelors degree in DH.

Here is information from Loma Linda University's DH program:

Associate's degree
Bachelor's degree

Otherwise, just check with the school(s) you are interested in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your best bet is to contact the DH school(s) you're interested in and have a meeting with that schools adviser or DH adviser to determine what classes you need. Regardless of the prereqs I've heard a high GPA is needed.

GL.

You definitely need to contact the DH programs you're interested in directly to see what classes you need to take prior to matriculation. Many require enough pre-reqs that you essentially need to have an associates prior to matriculation.