Steps to take in 3rd year for Neuro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sharpstickie

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently a 3rd year OMS at a decent DO school and I've developed an interest in Neuro. Luckily I've got a neuro rotation set up in September and I really hope I enjoy it and continue to pursue the specialty. All of med school I've been going after FM and I'm sure my application would look that way. My question is: what solid steps do I need to take during 3rd year to have a solid chance of matching?
I'm not sure what's really important just yet but here are my stats:
USMLE Step 1: 224
COMLEX Level 1: 608