Stereoacuity

Started by chinju
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chinju

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I encountered someone who has a stereoacuity of 400secs Titmus Stereofly (unaided). No abnormalities in Worth-4-dot. Near VA 20/20 @ 40cm RE and LE. However he is -1.75DS in BE.

I did check the pola visors and the chart beforehand. Only one thing I didn't check was the lighting.

Q: in this case besides lighting, can there be any other causes of the reduced stereoacuity?
Q: and also, is it possible to have fusion but no stereopsis?

thx!
 
Unless you have a special kind of worth dot flashlight, it doesn't test suppression at near—only distance. What is the patient's uncorrected binocular vision status at near? Could they be an intermittent exotrope?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad