stethoscope advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

piojo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anybody use an Ultrascope? I am looking for opinions on the brand, as I would like to make a gift of an engraved stethoscope to a couple of vet friends going into practice for the first time...any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

piojo said:
Hi, does anybody use an Ultrascope? I am looking for opinions on the brand, as I would like to make a gift of an engraved stethoscope to a couple of vet friends going into practice for the first time...any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks. :)

Ultrascopes work great. I believe they have a lifetime warranty also.

Ultrascope is great I use them all the time. The great thing about them is that you can swap heads (normal, pediatric). The thing I DONT like about them, is the cheezy graphics on the clear part of the bell. Also, ultrascopes are not great candidates for engraving, you'll have to have the plastic etched, and it is round so it's very difficult.

If you want to have a stethescope engraved, I highly suggest a Littman. Several models have brushed metal bell covers so engraving would look great, and many places offer to engrave if you buy.

Models I'd recommend are Master Cardiology, and Master Classic II for engraving.