Sticky Situation Regarding Post-Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dymm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I just finished my second quarter of 1 year post-bacc program, and I'm starting to fill out my AADSAS application. I took 8 upper div sci classes during my two quarters as a post-bacc and got all A's. Because of financial reasons, I was thinking about not continuing the program once Fall-2012 quarter rolls around.

Now my question is how should I communicate my dilemma on my APP? How will the dental schools view this? Should I just say "No Degree Expected" for my post-bacc, and tell the dental schools that my end date of post-bacc is June-2012? Do you think just 2 quarters of post-bacc is enough to show the adcoms I am not a bad student, and that I can handle full courseload? I know it's a little sketchy, but I'd much rather work ASAP instead of waiting until Fall quarter to take 4 sci classes that are not pre-reqs or recommended courses (I've already taken all of those).

Thank you in advance for all the advice, and help :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would explain it on the app. I don't think theyll punish you for it. IF you need money, you need money.

Thank you leather.

I am worried because my low undergrad GPA is the reason why I enrolled in the post-bacc program. I just wasn't sure if I'm decreasing my chances of acceptance drastically by telling them I only plan on doing 2 quarters of post-bacc. Last thing I want to do is lie to them and tell them I will be taking 4 more classes in the Fall quarter, and expecting a degree when I'm really not. So my only options are to take out more loans/suck it up and enroll in Fall qtr, or stop the program and be transparent about that on my APP.

Last edited:
If anyone went through a similar situation please let me know how you handled the situation. All advice and input are appreciated :)