Still No Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a1b2c3d4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I applied to DO schools in June, and completed all the secondaries I was offered by July/August. However, I haven't received any interview invites! Is it too late now? If not, when do you think it will be too late?

I'm anxious just to get one - from anywhere.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried contacting the individual schools to make sure they have all of your information ? Did you submit your mcat properly ? ( you need to get is "released" )

Yes, I have contacted the schools. Some have said that my file is on hold, whereas others say that "no decision has been made". Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm what are your stats and which schools ? I also applied around then and I haven't heard anything back from 4 out of 11 schools.

I would start to make contingency plans soon for next semester. If you do get interview invites in the spring your acceptance chances are lower. If you have room for academic improvement (MCAT, grade retakes) I'd start to make those plans for the spring so you can be prepared to re-apply should you need to.

What are your stats? It might be a good idea to start sending in letters of interest.

I know my MCAT is low (22). Does it help that my score is balanced (8PS, 7VR, 7PS)? The rest of my app is strong - 3.83 overall GPA, 3.85 science GPA, 200+ hours volunteer, 5 years experience working in a hospital and some non-science research.

So, what do you think? Thanks in advance.

I just want a shot somewhere.

I know my MCAT is low (22). Does it help that my score is balanced (8PS, 7VR, 7PS)? The rest of my app is strong - 3.83 overall GPA, 3.85 science GPA, 200+ hours volunteer, 5 years experience working in a hospital and some non-science research.

No.. it doesn't help. You need to retake that MCAT, suck it up, take a year off just for the MCAT and maybe score high enough for MD.

Retake your MCAT. 22 is just too low.

Your problem is entirely the MCAT. I was told this for my situation too. They described my application as perfect except for that black mark (23 in my case).

So what did you do? Did you end up getting interviews and eventually accepted?

Indeed, your MCAT is too low. How many schools did you apply to?

So what did you do? Did you end up getting interviews and eventually accepted?
I need to retake and apply again. I have only gotten holds and rejections like you.

No question that your MCAT is too low...I doubt that you will get in.

Luckily, fixing the MCAT score is easier than grade repair (takes less time at least) so pony up some money for a tutor, or take some Kaplan type course and get at least a 24

Yup....that MCAT is killing you. You won't be getting an interview from us, alas. However, you might very well get one as the cycle progresses from one of the newer schools.

retake the mcat. get more volunteer hours

I'm frankly surprised that you were expecting interview invites with such an atrocious score.

With that said, good luck on your retake. With a gpa like that you should have no trouble getting a respectable score. Some schools take January scores.....perhaps you should start your prep soon.