Still no UC Secondaries???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calimed214

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still haven't received secondaries from UCLA, UCSD, or UCSF. My MCAT scores came out on 9/9/08, and I pretty much received UCD and UCI's secondaries the very next day. But it's been a month since then and no word from the other UC's yet... what gives? Should I pretty much give up hope on getting one and assume they're rejecting me pre-secondary? I keep checking their websites and nothing...

My stats are ~3.55 overall and science with a 35Q (14V, 10P, 11B) on the MCAT. I know UCLA, UCSF, and UCSD are all reach schools for me with my numbers... but I can't believe that I'd get screened out?

*sigh* :(

Members don't see this ad.

I still haven't received secondaries from UCLA, UCSD, or UCSF. My MCAT scores came out on 9/9/08, and I pretty much received UCD and UCI's secondaries the very next day. But it's been a month since then and no word from the other UC's yet... what gives? Should I pretty much give up hope on getting one and assume they're rejecting me pre-secondary? I keep checking their websites and nothing...

My stats are ~3.55 overall and science with a 35Q (14V, 10P, 11B) on the MCAT. I know UCLA, UCSF, and UCSD are all reach schools for me with my numbers... but I can't believe that I'd get screened out?

You'll get a UCLA secondary. UCSF and UCSD give out fewer secondaries than UCLA, so those may never arrive. But your numbers are definitely very solid for getting a UCLA secondary.

Just wait, your MCAT is slightly late. You should get secondaries with your stats, and Wow on the Verbal!

Since my numbers are pretty much identical to yours I can tell you to stop stressing. It took me two months to get UCSF's and I think UCSD is in the process of interviewing and may be less focused on screening the primaries (but that's conjecture). Don't know what's up with LA, but you'll be ok there. It's only been 1 month... give at least 2 months before you bust out the sighs and sad faces :).