Still Not Sure?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bunnyslippers

Purdue SVM Class of 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh my goodness it's already August and I'm still finalizing my list of schools to apply to, which means I definitely haven't started to tackle any supplemental applications yet! Add that to the fact that I'm still studying for the GRE I'm taking at the end of the month and haven't finished my personal statement yet and AHHHH!

Anyone else feeling the last minute stress? :eek:

Also, I've looked at the successful applicant thread a million times and still can't understand the trick to getting into CSU OOS. Realistically is it almost hopeless to apply there as an average/good applicant?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You sound just like me! Due to some recent personal changes, my options have opened up for where to apply...and it's driving me nuts, because there's all these schools that were off limits before, and I'm trying to sift through to see what (if any) I should add.

Take a deap breath, make a list of what you have left to do and tackle it one thing at a time. I would work on your personal statement and take the GRE first since you want to leave yourself some extra time on that stuff. You will get through it! Just try not to think of having to do the entire list at once, take it one step at a time :D Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my goodness it's already August and I'm still finalizing my list of schools to apply to, which means I definitely haven't started to tackle any supplemental applications yet! Add that to the fact that I'm still studying for the GRE I'm taking at the end of the month and haven't finished my personal statement yet and AHHHH!

Anyone else feeling the last minute stress? :eek:

Last minute stress?? :laugh: Wait until Sept 26th rolls around...:D

Seriously, step back, take a deep breath, and just relax, you have *plenty* of time to get everything done. IMO, the single most time consuming part is getting the LORs, and that's mainly because it's out of your control. Transcripts take 2-3 weeks to go out (and be received), so count on having all your schools selected by labor day, to be safe. Of course earlier is better, but point is, you still have more than enough time for indecision, mind changes and just general freakouts;)

If you think worrying about applying is fun, just imagine how much fun it is to balance applying with working full time and the last 2 weeks of Orgo2 during the summer session. Doing anything just feels like time that should be spent on something else.

Fortunately we finished up the lab a few days ago.

For the OP, there's still plenty of time. Just break it into smaller chunks:
- GRE
- Personal Statement
- LORs

Then break those down into more chunks, for example:
Personal Statement: write outline, draft 1, get it reviewed, draft 2, etc.

... and put dates onto those. It will seem less overwhelming as a bunch of smaller tasks, I promise.

Save your energy for freaking out while waiting for responses - you'll need it :)

For David594 - would not want to be you right now!

Thanks guys. You all make me feel so much better and a little less neurotic than I know I am!