Still scoring low on Bootcamp, DAT is in one month

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatfutureDDS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I need help. I'm not sure if I'm studying correctly.
I went over everything from the first month Ari's study schedule in bootcamp and have been doing tests for each section now, and then reviewing them, and then re-doing them.
However, my scores on Bootcamp are still 16-19 in the sciences.

What should I do differently?

Please help. My exam is in one month.

Members don't see this ad.

You should focus most of your time reviewing content. If you haven't had the chance to go over the DATDestroyer questions yet, it might be a good idea to do that now. It's also never too late to postpone your exam

Reactions: 1 user
You should focus most of your time reviewing content. If you haven't had the chance to go over the DATDestroyer questions yet, it might be a good idea to do that now. It's also never too late to postpone your exam

Do you think I should keep reviewing Bootcamp or focus strictly on just doing Destroyer?
I know it's asking for a lot, but how many problems of each do you recommend or how do I approach it?

Thank you so so so much for answering!
It means a lot!

Members don't see this ad :)
Use the bootcamp exams to find weak spots. It seems as if you’ve already done this, so now it’s time to review content so you’re no longer weak in the subjects you’re struggling with. Use the destroyer to become more confident with the sciences. The ochem and gen chem sections of the destroyer are gold, go through these sections at least once, but preferably twice if you have time. I personally didn’t find the bio portion of destroyer to be very helpful (it just didn’t match my learning style to solve bio questions and read the answers in the back of the book), I found it more helpful to just review my bio notes. But take this all with a grain of salt, do what you think is more in line with your study/learning style.

I totally agree. I would get the DAT Destroyer and learn the principles of the questions from that book. You can also join the DAT Destroyer Study Group on Facebook. You won't score well on the DAT guessing on timed exams. You need to learn and understand all of the information that could be on the exam. Consider postponing. I postponed my exam and did well on it. It was a hard decision, but a great one!

Reactions: 1 user