Still waiting for LOR!!! :mad:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopelessdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
am i only one who is still waiting for lor's to be turned in??? i thought my stats isn't average so i applied early, application already been sent to schools, dat scores sent too, even paid the supplemental fees!!! aadsas just have a lor from the dentist but not my prof....so far aadsas have sent my lor from dentist...I already have 1 lor from orgo prof. and 1 non-science on file at pre-hlth office. but i m still waiting for my other bio prof to send the letter...it's almost 1 month since i gave him everything but...

i guess i should not hope for any interviews...cuz even though i have everything turned in except lor schools won't consider my appli complete and hence won't process??? any help or suggestions guys?? i have been trying to contact prof. but no replies.... :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

hopelessdoc said:
am i only one who is still waiting for lor's to be turned in??? i thought my stats isn't average so i applied early, application already been sent to schools, dat scores sent too, even paid the supplemental fees!!! aadsas just have a lor from the dentist but not my prof....so far aadsas have sent my lor from dentist...I already have 1 lor from orgo prof. and 1 non-science on file at pre-hlth office. but i m still waiting for my other bio prof to send the letter...it's almost 1 month since i gave him everything but...

i guess i should not hope for any interviews...cuz even though i have everything turned in except lor schools won't consider my appli complete and hence won't process??? any help or suggestions guys?? i have been trying to contact prof. but no replies.... :mad:
I'm in the same boat as you are. My school health professional evaluation committee is very slow in the game. Hopefully my letter would be sent out by the end of this month. I know my reply doesn't help to make your process faster, but i thought it would be comfort to know that you are not alone. Hang in there.

hopelessdoc said:

Any way you can go visit the prof on campus? Is he/she teaching a summer course with office hours posted online? Just a thought...

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys thanxx for ue reply...may be it does feel a bit better that i m not alone..and yes he is not teaching summer so no office hrs...i asked the people in the office but they too don't know ...:(

one more left from prof and the dentist....but cmon! i am on them every other day almost, but still get the "im swamped, will send soon."
i am mad and in the same boat. nothing more i can do i guess. anyone know if schools definitely need all lors to invite for interview? just a thought.

hopelessdoc said:

Well, if you already have 3 LORs that is good enough. Why don't you just forget about the other prof? Or do the schools your applying to require 2 letters from science profs?

all the schools i m applying to..AFAIK most schools requires 2 sci lor's and 1 ns!!!

and the other thing i m stuck with is...my school does not have a pre-hlth committee!! so last time when i talked to the pre-hlth advisor...he said since there is no committe what i can do is write a cover letter for u based on ur lor's and then send everything to aadsas or schools directly...do u think that sort of cover letter helps??? or i would end up confusing aadsas???

hopelessdoc said:
and the other thing i m stuck with is...my school does not have a pre-hlth committee!! so last time when i talked to the pre-hlth advisor...he said since there is no committe what i can do is write a cover letter for u based on ur lor's and then send everything to aadsas or schools directly...do u think that sort of cover letter helps??? or i would end up confusing aadsas???

My school did not have a pre-health committee either so I didn't do anything about it. I just sent in LORs from my profs and a dentist. Dental schools know that not all schools have a pre-health committee. Usually when they ask from an LOR from a pre-health committee they add 'if your school has one'.

Ask your procrastinating prof to send that letter directly to the school you've applied to the moment you may get hold of him/her. You should probably ask one more science prof to write you a LOR just in case your bio prof continues to slack.

Why not prepare a letter for the prof's signature, bring it in with a cover letter and stamped, preaddressed envelope, and show up for an office hour. First time you let the prof either sign and mail or you take edits and retype then show up for the second office hour with the original with handwritten corrections and the corrected versions along with an electronic version, the accompanying letter, a the envelope. Alternatively, find another prof.

reapply2007 said:
Why not prepare a letter for the prof's signature, bring it in with a cover letter and stamped, preaddressed envelope, and show up for an office hour. First time you let the prof either sign and mail or you take edits and retype then show up for the second office hour with the original with handwritten corrections and the corrected versions along with an electronic version, the accompanying letter, a the envelope. Alternatively, find another prof.

i didn't get it???,,,i do if there is no pre-hlth committe then just send lor's directly to schools or aadsas without committe evaluation...but the pr-hlth advisor sort of offered me if i want to add a cover letter alongwith my lor's from prof...i already have one lor from orgo. and don't think i will able to find any ther ones who can write one up quuickly but will try...prof does not have office hrs cuz he seems to be on vacation...i will find him once the school starts cuz i m taking one more class of him...thought i could send lor's by the end of month...but :mad:

I'd also take an LOR from the pre-health advisor and send it to AADSAS. I agree that a cover letter to your application is not too useful. Send a LOR to AADSAS and it goes into your application along with your other LORs.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok...just to clarify u mean send LOR from my pre-hlth advisor separately and NOT as a cover letter...now when i print the aadsas lor matching form, does it refer to Dr. PRE-HLTH advisor or pre-hlth committee...i know it sounds stupid but i really don't want to screw up anything further...thanxx everyone..

Do not check the box that says committee letter. For position put pre-health advisor. If you mess it up you can correct it by changing the fields you can change or by adding another letter with the right information and printing out a new matching form. I'm assuming Pre-Health Advisor, PhD expects to be writing a LOR.

incase the prof. forgot whole thing and if i send my lor sometime in sept. is it going to be too late for me guys??? i hopen he didn't forget!!!

hopelessdoc said:
incase the prof. forgot whole thing and if i send my lor sometime in sept. is it going to be too late for me guys??? i hopen he didn't forget!!!

Stop just hoping and do something about it. Email the prof. at least and remind him kindly.

I have emailed him atleast thrice in last 2 days...even checked at his office..

hopelessdoc said:
I have emailed him atleast thrice in last 2 days...even checked at his office..

Find out where he lives. Go there. Get the letter. Send to ADDSAS. Get interview. Get accepted. Good luck. ;)

hopelessdoc said:
wow!!! thats seems so easy...
:laugh: well, okay. You should ask another science professor. If the orginal guy comes through you will have an extra letter which is much better than being one letter short. It's really frustrating when people don't come through for you especially when you can't do anything about it :mad: . However, when you ask the other professor make sure to give him/her atleast 2 weeks so they won't write in the letter that they were rushed or ask him/her how soon they could have it finished. Good luck.

i asked my research professor that i worked w/ for over a year...she said she would write one. i asked her since june and constantly emailed her every 2 weeks to remind her. i've given her 2 months to work on it and she still hasnt started. i bumped into her 2 weeks ago and she said she'll write it in a couple of days...but she still didn't finish it...and she won't reply to my emails. i don't know what to do.

cba said:
:laugh: well, okay. You should ask another science professor. If the orginal guy comes through you will have an extra letter which is much better than being one letter short. It's really frustrating when people don't come through for you especially when you can't do anything about it :mad: . However, when you ask the other professor make sure to give him/her atleast 2 weeks so they won't write in the letter that they were rushed or ask him/her how soon they could have it finished. Good luck.

i appreciate ur reponse but i really dont know what other prof to ask? i or any other prof dont know eachother...unless prof don't care for that...other thing even if i find any i dont want to be waiting more 2 months atleast to get it!! :eek: ...i just hope they dont consider me late?? is it gonna be too late if i submit by mid-sept?? or am i simply screwed??