Still waiting....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brown Eye Girl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still haven't heard from ICO as yet for an interview! I submitted my application in January. Everytime I email to inquire they still say that they are reviewing my file. It doesn't look good as interviews are over in 2 wks. Is anyone else in this situation?:(

Members don't see this ad.

get your stuff together and ready for the next cycle. There's no point in sitting around and waiting. Apply earlier next time. In the mean time, work and save up money for applications, interview costs, and future tuition

Brown Eye Girl - I called ICO yesterday to inquire about my application status, and the girl that answered the phone told me that I was sent an email on Monday to come in for an interview. I did not receive this email in my inbox or my junk box... Long story short - call to see if this happened to you! I sent my deposit in today for NECO, so I will not be using my interview spot.:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally understand how you feel. Ive become a pro at the waiting game. I agree with the suggestion to start getting yourself emotionally and physically prepared to reaply. The schools I have applied to (PCO, NOVA, and NECO) have been HORRIBLE with keeping me up to date on my file. I finally got some worthwhile and truthful news from PCO yesterday, and I interviewed there in October. I still have no idea where Im going, and I graduate in less then a month. Ive been spending a lot of time investigating graduate courses to keep myself competitive. Good luck to you, keep your head up (as hard as it is)

I totally understand how you feel. Ive become a pro at the waiting game. I agree with the suggestion to start getting yourself emotionally and physically prepared to reaply. The schools I have applied to (PCO, NOVA, and NECO) have been HORRIBLE with keeping me up to date on my file. I finally got some worthwhile and truthful news from PCO yesterday, and I interviewed there in October. I still have no idea where Im going, and I graduate in less then a month. Ive been spending a lot of time investigating graduate courses to keep myself competitive. Good luck to you, keep your head up (as hard as it is)

When did you apply? Do you know why you were rejected? If you dont mind, can you share you stats? I know one of my weakness is the interview (amongst other things). I just get too nervous and spurt a buncha BS. Even with practice I just suck.

I'm in the same boat. Been waiting since I applied in December and took my test at the end of Dec. I also sent in my 2 letters for ICO a few months ago. I'm not counting on getting in any more considering interviews are over in 2 weeks and I have still not heard back from them.

I need to start thinking about next year. I've already made plans to complete a double major (adding biology) and graduating in December 07 instead of June 07. I'm also worried about what I'm going to do for a year but I think I'll be fine. I've been considering working for Kaplan or Princeton Review (I heard that some of the course teachers can start at close to 20/hr). In addition to continued work at an optometrists office, I might work at some restaurant to get some experience with customer service. I'd also take time to travel for once in my life (Asia, here I come). I guess having time to do things like that is something I've not had since I started college.

Good Luck
-Jeff

Brown Eye Girl - I called ICO yesterday to inquire about my application status, and the girl that answered the phone told me that I was sent an email on Monday to come in for an interview. I did not receive this email in my inbox or my junk box... Long story short - call to see if this happened to you! I sent my deposit in today for NECO, so I will not be using my interview spot.:D

I completely agree with Optomoman that you should personally call the school to check on your status. You never know if the school is on the verge of offering you an interview and you may be one phone call away.

In fact, back in mid-January I phoned Nova to inquire about my application and the admissions counselor asked me a few "off the record" questions about myself. The next thing I know I was offered an interview and accepted before the end of the month. Had I not called, my interview may have been delayed or even worse, not offered to me at all.

I completely agree with Optomoman that you should personally call the school to check on your status. You never know if the school is on the verge of offering you an interview and you may be one phone call away.

In fact, back in mid-January I phoned Nova to inquire about my application and the admissions counselor asked me a few "off the record" questions about myself. The next thing I know I was offered an interview and accepted before the end of the month. Had I not called, my interview may have been delayed or even worse, not offered to me at all.

The NOVA admissions process kinda sucks, b/c pretty much one person decides everything. Who gets in, who does not, etc. You need an active council to make these decisions.:thumbdown:

JEFFChou-- You should work at Costco. It starts $11/HR

Omg, i am going thru the same thing as you with ICO. I have been pestering the heck out of them thru emails and phone calls and they keep telling me that since I sent it out in march( i know it was wayyy to late) they are still reviewing it. I was wondering the same exact thing about the interview process ending in April. I don't know what I am going to do next year either. good luck and hopefully, we will hear from them soon and I hope it's a YES! :D

does anyone know how many seats left at ICO?? I think they opened up another week for interviews in May cuz I missed mine in mid-april. First, they told me i'd have to get on waiting list for an interview since all their days are booked, then 30 minutes later they call to tell me they opened a day in May 3rd. I'm worried about going there so late in the admissions process to find out their seats already full.