stim company asking patients to purchase warranty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are these ones that you did, or that someone else did? I have seen patients from a lot of unscrupulous docs (including my own grandfather, sadly) who were implanted after failed trials, with the promise that it would get better once the perm was in.
the ones i am talking about are from other pain docs.

ive only done about 5-6 trials this past year. most of the "good cases" are seen by others in the area. which is okay.

off the top of my head, about 1 in 5 of the trials that ive done that went to implant have turned them off, and fewer have had them removed. a couple for legitimate reasons.

Members don't see this ad.

Agree with others the bell is ringing for scs. I actively have to talk people out of it who aren’t candidates because they read some marketing crap or “heard from a friend” about it.

I'm very critical of SCS but to say "SQ TENS" is a little dramatic right?
Of course it's a dash of hyperbole.

But the point is that it's not at all congruent with the level of hype. This is basic healthcare economics. It's only good care for a *tiny* slither of spine pain patients (maybe…longterm outcome data SUCKS or doesn't exist), and we have far too many interventional pain docs wanting to do it for all the wrong reasons—not because it's a good solution for many patients, but because it pays better than bread and butter interventional pain.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Of course it's a dash of hyperbole.

But the point is that it's not at all congruent with the level of hype. This is basic healthcare economics. It's only good care for a *tiny* slither of spine pain patients (maybe…longterm outcome data SUCKS or doesn't exist), and we have far too many interventional pain docs wanting to do it for all the wrong reasons—not because it's a good solution for many patients, but because it pays better than bread and butter interventional pain.
Agree

Reactions: 1 user
A rep from one company knew exactly how many cases I'd done with another company.
I was just wondering about this this week. I don’t do a lot of stim, have one upcoming at a hospital. Other company rep tries to pop in after no contact for years, then texts wanting to see how things have been… I want to know how they find out to

No love for me. I do Nevro. I flirt with drg for where nevro wont work or has failed.
Whoa, Nevro won't work for something or fails?

Seriously though, where are you using DRG that you wouldn't try Nevro for first?

Odd situation recently…. Not sure if it’s just coincidence,… I do about 5-10 scs trials a year. I sometimes go months with zero. Only 4 in past couple years since Covid started. I’ve done 3 in the last month, all same company and all of a sudden reps from 2 other companies have contacted me about setting up a lunch. I hadn’t heard from them in a year or 2. I have no problem meeting with them, but just seems odd with the timing….. does my name pop up in a database when I do a trial? Reps talking? Or just pure coincidence?
Reps call the surgical centers for info all the time … they track you