Stimulants During Finals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shovingit

well, well, well
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder:

Chocolate covered expresso beans are a safe, legal, and EFFECTIVE stimulant.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Red Bull in large quantities also works nicely. Just don't drink too much or you might end up like my lab partner... with an ulcer. ;)

Personally for me there's nothing better than a few good hours at the gym to get me pumped for an all night study sesh. And trust I've pulled way more than my share, not so much in undergrad, but esp. now in pharmacy school, I think I've learned more between the hours of 3 AM and 5 AM than I learned in some entire classes in undergrad.

Members don't see this ad :)
SoBe Power is good too. Whenever I've known I'll be pulling an all-nighter, I stock up on it.

Haven't had any all-nighters this semester (which may explain my grades this term), but I swear by the stuff.

Modafinil is an essential ingredient in any stack of this nature, IMO.

Also, adaptogens like Ginseng, Ashwagandha, Rhodiola rosea, etc, are important for brief periods of high stress. During finals weeks and intense graduate studies testing, I usually use the following for about two weeks:

Morning (before meal)

- Modafinil: 200 mg
- DL-Phenylalanine: 750 mg
- Glucophase XR: 1 cap
- H.E.A.T: 1 cap
- Chocamine: 500 mg

(w/ meal)

- Alpha GPC: 600 mg
- Phospatidylserine: 100 mg
- Aniracetam: 500 mg
- Ginkgo biloba: 120 mg
- Panax Ginseng: 500 mg
- Rainbow One Men's Multivitamin

Afternoon/Evening (w/meal)

- Rhodiola rosea: 500 mg
- Ashwagandha: 450 mg
- Inositol: 6 g
- Milk Thistle: 300 mg
- Tumeric (Curcuma longa): 700 mg

Low dose paroxetine & methylphenidate is also a good addition. Clonazepam at night to help get to sleep during periods of stress can be a miracle worker.

Taking too many stimulants before a test, however, can be bad. If your shaking and jittering from ECA so much that you can't hold a pencil straight, it means you've taken too much.

Max

Wow that is complicated. I just stuck to mountain dew and chocolate.

WVUPharm2007 said:
...and them there are some people I know in my class that just go straight to the Adderall.
I like concerta.. cause it's a neat concept.. drug on the outside and drug on the inside.

Although adderallXR is pretty .. with it's orange beads..

Best stimulant -- regular exercise and 8 hours of sleep before a big exam.

You'll perform at your maximum ability if you're physically fit and well rested.

I like coffee with the chocolate in it. Caffeine + sugar rush.