Stimwave Experience/Recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iwumd07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't used Stimwave since fellowship. Anyone using their technology for peripheral nerve stim? Results? Pros/Cons and feedback from patients? If I were going to use it, it would probably be for suprascapular neuralgia, genicular nerualgia, and/or SI joint pain vs cluneal neuralgia, when other options have failed (i.e. RF).

Members don't see this ad.

I have had good results with Stimwave. I have used it successfully for inguinal neuralgia and testicular pain (ilioinguinal PNS), chronic post-op shoulder pain (suprascapular PNS), post op hip pain (PNS placed over the femoral and obturator articular branches), post -op chronic foot pain (superficial peroneal PNS).
I have also used the SCS system.

Reactions: 1 user
I have had good results with Stimwave. I have used it successfully for inguinal neuralgia and testicular pain (ilioinguinal PNS), chronic post-op shoulder pain (suprascapular PNS), post op hip pain (PNS placed over the femoral and obturator articular branches), post -op chronic foot pain (superficial peroneal PNS).

Thanks for the feedback. Are there any drawbacks that your patients have reported? Any explants?

Members don't see this ad :)

Please share the ICD-10 and CPT codes you are using to have these approved.

Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback. Are there any drawbacks that your patients have reported? Any explants?

Sorry for the late reply,
The external “antenna” device that they have to wear over the lead can be a little clunky.

Please share the ICD-10 and CPT codes you are using to have these approved.

Thank you!

For the trial: 64555 -percutaneous lead placement and 76942 for ultrasound guidance.

For the implant: 64555 and 64590 for lead and IPG implant with ultrasound guidance (76942)

I have only done about 10 implants since 2019 with 2 explants (one due to lead migration and the other due to infection due to a technical error on my part).