Stony Brook DPT 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Linure

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from Stony Brook yet? I attended the interview on Nov 11th and the wait is killing me. From previous threads, it seems like 2-3 weeks is the standard time for decisions after the interviews but I still have yet to hear back from them :(

Members don't see this ad.

I was actually at the Nov. 11th interview as well but I haven't heard back from them yet either.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was at the Nov 11th interview and was called on Nov 22nd and was accepted! Sending positive vibes your way <3

Members don't see this ad :)
I think i'm going to attend the main campus! What would be your preferred choice?

I think i'm going to attend the main campus! What would be your preferred choice?
I'd like to attend the main campus too. :)

I was actually at the Nov. 11th interview as well but I haven't heard back from them yet either.

If you guys don't mind sharing, what were your stats? I'm worried that my mediocre GPA is the reason why they haven't gotten back to me yet :(

If you guys don't mind sharing, what were your stats? I'm worried that my mediocre GPA is the reason why they haven't gotten back to me yet :(

Major: Biochemistry
GPA: 3.96
Pre req GPA: 4.0
GRE: (terrible) 142 verbal 149 math 4.0 writing
Activities: lots of undergrad chemistry research, cross country, sorority, etc

Hours: 120 in inpatient and outpatient clinic

If you guys don't mind sharing, what were your stats? I'm worried that my mediocre GPA is the reason why they haven't gotten back to me yet :([/QUOTE]

Major: Psychology
Minor: Biology
Cum GPA: 3.385
Science GPA: About 3.1
GRE: 154 Verbal 156 Quantitative 5.0 Writing
Activities: Zumba, 80 hours of non PT related clinical volunteering, Internship in a pre school
Hours: 260 hours in inpatient, out patient, school, private and extensive nursing care facilities.

I got accepted on Thursday, Dec 1st but they said that they are going to still be calling people, so don't lose hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Do you know how many spots are still open? I Submitted my application 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. I'm worried the spots are going to be filled up before I even get a chance to be reviewed for an interview.

If you submitted your supplemental application by Nov 4th, then your interview date would be Nov 11th. If you submitted your supplemental application after that, then they will have another round of interviews in January, around Jan 20th, 2017. They sure will have that interview but fewer people will be invited, depending on the seat availability. This is what one of the professors told me.

Reactions: 1 user
I heard all the spots are filled at the main campus....some people are likely to withdraw their application in the upcoming weeks and months though

Do you know how many spots are still open? I Submitted my application 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. I'm worried the spots are going to be filled up before I even get a chance to be reviewed for an interview.

I was told that all spots were filled after the November interviews and that they'll call me when they open up. I also asked if I was placed on a wait list but they said that currently there is none but they'll start the wait list after January interviews.

I also got the call on Dec 1 that I was accepted to the Southampton campus! When I got the call they said we would receive the formal acceptance in the mail. Has anyone received it yet? They said it would come in about two weeks

I was at the Nov 11th interview and was called on Nov 22nd and was accepted! Sending positive vibes your way <3
Hi I got the same phone call on November 22 that I got accepted but I never got the official email or latter . Did you ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got the call on Dec 1 that I was accepted to the Southampton campus! When I got the call they said we would receive the formal acceptance in the mail. Has anyone received it yet? They said it would come in about two weeks
No I didn't receive any formal acceptance . I got a phone call on November 22 and that's it . Little bit worry now . It's been over a month

• Hey! I have an interview at SB January 20th! Any advice on questions and the set-up? Also, does anyone know how many people they are interviewing and the stats on getting in after the interview?! Thank you!

• Hey! I have an interview at SB January 20th! Any advice on questions and the set-up? Also, does anyone know how many people they are interviewing and the stats on getting in after the interview?! Thank you!
Did you just recently hear from them?

Hey, I got accepted in Nov as well!

Major: Exercise Science
Cum GPA: 3.68
Science GPA: 3.0
GRE: 152 Verbal 149 Quantitative 4.0 Writing
Activities: Internship w/ Children's Exercise Program, EMT observer
Hours: 300+ hours in outpatient facility, about 70-75 hours in inpatient facility

does anyone know if they created a waitlist yet? i received an email saying they will be doing so after their second round of interviews but haven't heard anything after.

@heyrachx3 - Hey so I interviewed on January 20th as well and gave the school a call today regarding about a decision. I was told I was on a waitlist (#23) and she had told me it was a high position, but maybe she was just being kind haha. As far as I know, they will let us know soon about waitlist status/denials or acceptance depending on where you are at. She says that the list could move quickly or not, and told me that there were a lot of out of state applicants that may withdraw their acceptance once they see total costs (tuitition + housing) and others. However, she told me just to have a back up plan and commit to a different school, but be willing to walk away from that commitment if Stony Brook reaches out to me. I'm remaining hopeful but I'm going to have to pay my deposit at Touro Bayshore, which I was fortunate enough to get in to. Hope this helps, definitely give them a call! There are two numbers on the website, try both! I wish you the best of luck, hope you have better chances than I do!

@heyrachx3 - Hey so I interviewed on January 20th as well and gave the school a call today regarding about a decision. I was told I was on a waitlist (#23) and she had told me it was a high position, but maybe she was just being kind haha. As far as I know, they will let us know soon about waitlist status/denials or acceptance depending on where you are at. She says that the list could move quickly or not, and told me that there were a lot of out of state applicants that may withdraw their acceptance once they see total costs (tuitition + housing) and others. However, she told me just to have a back up plan and commit to a different school, but be willing to walk away from that commitment if Stony Brook reaches out to me. I'm remaining hopeful but I'm going to have to pay my deposit at Touro Bayshore, which I was fortunate enough to get in to. Hope this helps, definitely give them a call! There are two numbers on the website, try both! I wish you the best of luck, hope you have better chances than I do!
so did they notify anyone.. or did they say end of february to wait to see how many applicants have withdrawn their applicaton?

did she tell you that theyvwere sending iut enails/calls soon?

@heyrachx3
She mentioned that I would get an email about the waitlist but didn't specify a timeline. And as of notifying anyone, I am not entirely sure on that. Your best bet is to call them and ask about where you stand.

I am as well on the alternate list. I believe not many people from Januarys interview were accepted, because of the amount of people that were accepted in the interview in Novemeber.

Yeah which is really unfortunate for January people. Let's just hope for the best, any idea what your place is on the waitlist? @heyrachx3

Yeah which is really unfortunate for January people. Let's just hope for the best, any idea what your place is on the waitlist? @heyrachx3
Yeah she said i was around number 26- so im hoping for the best... She said anything under 35 or so is a good place to be... just have to remain hopeful.

Hey, I was also put on the waitlist.. what number did you guys call to ask about where you stand on the waitlist? Thanks

Hey, I was also put on the waitlist.. what number did you guys call to ask about where you stand on the waitlist? Thanks

Hey @dbdpt it's on the program's website:
631-444-8356 or 631-444-8259

I declined my spot at the Southampton campus! I hope someone gets the spot and loves the campus as much as I did!