1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Stony Brook or NYU

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by simonlee, Dec 17, 2005.

1. simonlee

simonlee Member
    5+ Year Member

I know Stony Brook is more selective and cheaper than NYU, but most patients only know about NYU since there are so many NYU graduates. Will that put me into a disadvantaged situation if I graduate from Stony Brook? Which one should I pick? Any suggestion will be appreciated.:)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sinned

sinned slaving in dental school
    10+ Year Member

this is absolutely a no brainer, go to stony brook...

4. Audio

Audio Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

If you're gonna pick a school for prestige over Stony Brook, it better be an Ivy at least. You're the first person I've heard lean towards NYU for the prestige. Come on, Stony Brook is an excellent school with a great rep. in the dental community. NYU...not so much. I would imagine stony brook is cheaper too so all the more reason to go to stony brook.

5. nnjh

nnjh Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Pay 200 thousand dollars extra for a school that has a horrible reputation and where most of their student body seems disatisfied?? Go to stony.