Stony Brook Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alfie5884

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

Does anyone know out of those interviewed, what's the percentage of acceptance? I was just interviewed today but I'm worried because my DATs aren't that great. 3.69 overall, 3.54 science, 18AA/18TS/16PAT. Any ideas what my chances are?

Jen

Members don't see this ad.

Lets say they interview 5 people per day
two interview days per week (is that right? I don't know)
5 interview months which equals about 22 weeks.

so, that comes out to be over 200 students interviewed. Considering they accept 38 students, the percentage comes out to be about 20% of those interviewed. Then again, my estimates may be way off, but you have to be really really lucky to have a chance due to your low DAT's. Was Stony Brook your first choice?

INFNITE said:

so, that comes out to be over 200 students interviewed. Considering they accept 38 students, the percentage comes out to be about 20% of those interviewed. Then again, my estimates may be way off, but you have to be really really lucky to have a chance due to your low DAT's. Was Stony Brook your first choice?

After today's visit, it's definitely my #1 school. The weird thing is that the other people that were interviewed also had the similar DAT scores. But I did do the most ass kissing ever in my whole life today. I kept on saying how I love the school and that I would definitely attend if I get accepted-which is all true. Maybe that would help? :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
INFNITE said:

BTW I love your avatar.

Do you know about the Chuck Norris jokes? They are hilarious!! :laugh:

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming that "Law And Order" are actually the trademarked names for his right and left legs.

The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.

alfie5884 said:
BTW I love your avatar.

Do you know about the Chuck Norris jokes? They are hilarious!! :laugh:

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming that "Law And Order" are actually the trademarked names for his right and left legs.

The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.

Chuck Norris is the man!!!!

alfie5884 said:
After today's visit, it's definitely my #1 school. The weird thing is that the other people that were interviewed also had the similar DAT scores. But I did do the most ass kissing ever in my whole life today. I kept on saying how I love the school and that I would definitely attend if I get accepted-which is all true. Maybe that would help? :laugh: :laugh:

This is a question to people who served on interview committee. Does lot of ass kissing work negatively? Or the interviewers are happy with your enthusiasm shown towards the school.

dn6603 said:
This is a question to people who served on interview committee. Does lot of ass kissing work negatively? Or the interviewers are happy with your enthusiasm shown towards the school.

I hope it was for the best. I'll find out soon :cool:

dn6603 said:

It helps to see people interested in your school. It lets schools know that if you end up there, you will likely be extremely motivated and do well. As long as it isn't annoying, it can definately work for you.

Good luck. Stony Brook is a nice school in an affordable area.

It also REALLY helps if you are a New York State resident.

OMFSdoc said:
It helps to see people interested in your school. It lets schools know that if you end up there, you will likely be extremely motivated and do well. As long as it isn't annoying, it can definately work for you.

Good luck. Stony Brook is a nice school in an affordable area.

It also REALLY helps if you are a New York State resident.

I am a NY resident :D