Stony Brook.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnDoeDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know these threads are getting tired but it is a tough time. Has anyone heard anything from them recently who interviewed?

I recieved a response from them a while ago saying that I should know by April but I still have no idea what is going on with my application at this time.

Members don't see this ad.

I know these threads are getting tired but it is a tough time. Has anyone heard anything from them recently who interviewed?

I recieved a response from them a while ago saying that I should know by April but I still have no idea what is going on with my application at this time.

I currently go to a SUNY school for my undergrad and thought that I may have a chance of even getting an interview at SB, but I haven't heard anything from them since they took my money back in october. Not sure what is going on over there, I try calling and they never answer. Whatever i'm happy with pitt

Johndoe..

why dont you call them up?

They put me on the WL. I just found that out today by phone. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
oh phone huh... I thought they were going to send out letters for the waitlist and call for acceptances

They told me 2 weeks about 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything.

Called today, I got the "you should hear something in two weeks response." She had no information about the waitlist.

how did you get through? lol.

I can't seem to get them to pick up the phone.
Has anyone been accepted recently or is the class full at this point?

I feel like they usually pick up their phone earlier in the day around 12ish.

Another good time is between 8:30-9:30 AM

I called today... they told me i was on a wait list.... what does their wait list mean??? Does everyone who interviewed go on it? Were saying something about it being good for next cycle???

Last year they sent letter to everyone who interviewed giving them the option to be on the waitlist. Those who wanted to had to send back the waitlist notice and then....wait. Realistically if you have good stats you have a good shot at getting in off the waitlist because they will pull from it until a week or two before class starts. Most of us waitlisters who gained acceptance last year either applied late or we were lacking in our GPA or DAT. For example most people who got in off the waitlist had a 21+ DAT and a ~3.4-3.5 GPA or a 3.8-4.0 GPA and a ~18-19 DAT. Stony Brook seems to love stats so they seemed to balance us waitlisters out as we gained acceptance so we didn't destroy their average numbers :laugh: .

I called today... they told me i was on a wait list.... what does their wait list mean??? Does everyone who interviewed go on it? Were saying something about it being good for next cycle???

It means you wait (as if a half a year isnt enough), and you have to be one of the 200 people they put on it, fighting for the 3-4 spots that MAY open up... As for it being good for next cycle, im already on my next cycle, hasnt done anything for me...

Yeah i called today and found out I'm also on the waitlist. How do you know they don't reject ANYONE that interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah i called today and found out I'm also on the waitlist. How do you know they don't reject ANYONE that interviews?

I think it's more of a "if they reject you by now, then you're on the waitlist" tyoe of thing

lol thanks for the encouragement Milka.

Does ANYONE have a number for Stony Brook (other than the one on AADSAS) where someone ACTUALLY answers the phone??? No one ever returns phone calls, no one ever picks up the phone...

Still haven't received anything. I would call again but I think the response would be something like "oh yeah in 2 weeks we'll be mailing stuff out."

Has anyone been accepted within the last two months?

i got a waitlist letter today, dated 2 the 1st, that needs a response by friday...

postmarked on the 12th = slow to mail out.

not holding my breath.

yep I got a waitlist letter too.

Haha yea I received the good old blue waitlist request form yesterday. Anyone know how long the waitlist is?? I mean how long can it be since theres only about 38 students in the entire class!!!

Also got the waitlist letter yesterday.

Also got the waitlist letter yesterday.

Got one yesterday myself. I am wondering how many waitlistees there are? And if they all were just notified within the past few days? Good luck to all.

Add me in for that glorious blue sheet from SB

Haha yea I received the good old blue waitlist request form yesterday. Anyone know how long the waitlist is?? I mean how long can it be since theres only about 38 students in the entire class!!!

As a veteran of last year's list, believe it or not, there were well over 200 people on the list, this is what I was told when I called to inquire about the happenings on the waitlist. According to license2dril, if I believe about 11 people came off the list, so keep up the faith guys. I'm still sweating it out on NYU & Columbia's list. I've been on it since Dec, so hopefully next month, I'll be like the happy kid on Christmas Day!!!

Add me in for that glorious blue sheet from SB

did everyone get a waitlist by mail?!..cause i just got one today by email...also..i was wondering if we can call to see where we stand in the waitlist...i know some schools will tell u..but im too scared to call...

As a veteran of last year's list, believe it or not, there were well over 200 people on the list, this is what I was told when I called to inquire about the happenings on the waitlist. According to license2dril, if I believe about 11 people came off the list, so keep up the faith guys. I'm still sweating it out on NYU & Columbia's list. I've been on it since Dec, so hopefully next month, I'll be like the happy kid on Christmas Day!!!

Wow 200 people on the list??

Don't they interview around 300 candidates?

Are you saying that almost eveybody chooses to remain on the WL?

Actually I was thinking somewhere around 70-80 ppl for the list..

I would say they interview closer to 400+...But as far as how many people are on the waitlist I have no idea.

A 200 person waitlist for a class of approximately 38 students (one of the smallest class sizes of all the dental schools in the US) is an absolute joke!!!!! I dont understand why the admissions committee would do something like that. Im waitlisted at two other schools where the class size is much larger and the waitlist is smaller.

A 200 person waitlist for a class of approximately 38 students (one of the smallest class sizes of all the dental schools in the US) is an absolute joke!!!!! I dont understand why the admissions committee would do something like that.

They do it because they can, but in reality it doesn't make much of a difference, does it?

I got the waitlist letter as well, seems like there are a lot of us are on the waitlist, since they only take 39 students and mostly instates~

actually, they told us at our interview that this year about 25% of the class was going to be out of state.

anyone heard something from SB after the blue sheet?

:confused: