Stony Brook???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HeatingHomer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what you all thought about my chances of getting in to Stony Brook. I just took the DAT for the first time and it went pretty well.

PAT: 20
QR: 16
RC: 23
Bio: 21
GC: 21
OC: 24

TS: 22
AA: 21

My GPA is 3.96 and a science gpa of 3.92. I was a bio major. I feel like my QR can really weaken my chances of getting in.

What do you think?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It's iffy. The scores here at SB went straight up this past year. The AA was nearly a 22. So you're pretty good with that. The GPA was about 3.7 so you're well past that too.

I'd say you have a pretty good chance especially if you are in state. It really just depends how much they weigh QR and if they have a cutoff (I don't know if they do).

For what it's worth, today at dinner the Dean told us that the most important scores are TS and AA.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's iffy. The scores here at SB went straight up this past year. The AA was nearly a 22. So you're pretty good with that. The GPA was about 3.7 so you're well past that too.

I'd say you have a pretty good chance especially if you are in state. It really just depends how much they weigh QR and if they have a cutoff (I don't know if they do).

For what it's worth, today at dinner the Dean told us that the most important scores are TS and AA.

This is from their web site: "The American Dental Admissions Test (DAT) is mandatory ... with scores of 15 or greater preferred."

I hope this means I made the cutoff in regard to the math. I hope you're right about the TS and AA.

Thanks

I was wondering what you all thought about my chances of getting in to Stony Brook. I just took the DAT for the first time and it went pretty well.

My GPA is 3.96 and a science gpa of 3.92. I was a bio major. I feel like my QR can really weaken my chances of getting in.

What do you think?
Thanks

They don't examine each score individually and instead assign a rank based on your TS, AA and PAT as well as Science GPA, overall GPA and how you faired on our interview. Your 16 QR isn't going to slow you down! I would say that you are a good candidate, but then again in the couple of years that have passed since I applied the stats have gotten higher and higher. Good luck!

your scores are killer. one bad score in 10th grade math (aka QR) is not going to be a determining factor in your admission in the school. As long as you can count teeth, you'll probably be fine :)

Thanks for the confidence boost. I hope the admissions officers see it the same way.

What do you think?
Thanks

are you freakin serious? :thumbdown:

jb!:)