Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sajjy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is SUNY Stony Brook an easy school to get into?
I havent taken DAT yet and will be taking this Jan for cycle begining from 2008 for 2009 batch.
University of Connecticut
Major- Biomedical Engineering
Minor- Material Science & Engineering
Concentration-Biomaterials
Honors section
cumulative GPA-3.89
Science GPA- 3.97

Have dentist shadowing and couple of volunteering.
Doing research work on nanoparticles.

But i havent taken DAT yet so i am still kinda scared coz that is the only thing is left.

Any thoughts???

Members don't see this ad.

No, there is no dental school that is easy to get into. Secondly, Stony Brook is one of the harder dental schools to get into on the East coast due to their 39 seat limit. I believe the average AA for SBU last year was 21? I'm sure if you score 19+ on your DAT you'll get an interview with those stats.

Thanks...
how about University of Connecticut school of dentistry being a resident of Conn and attending UConn undergrad.

What else would be some good options?

Members don't see this ad :)
Uconn is hard to get into out of state but in state you should be fine with anything around a 18 or 19..... stony brook out of state is almost impossible

Our class AA was 22 and I think the TS was also 22 (class of 2011 at SB).

I'm one of 6 students from out of state (3 NJ, 1 DE, 1 WA, and 1 HI!!). So it's very possible, though competitive.

Apparently 1 in about 22-25 applicants (don't remember the exact number) was offered admission to SB for my class. If my memory serves me correctly.

If you are out state, then it can be one of the most hardest schools to get in, since they take very limited out staters.