Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ashley1234

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I understand that Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine is lucrative for it's location, cheap price, and small class size... especially for local NY'ers. However, what else makes Stony Brook stand out from other dental schools? What makes Stony Brook Dental School progressive and how does it differentiate itself from other schools? What is special about the program?
Where else can a person learn more about a school other than the school's official website, SDN, current students, and the ADEA Official Guide?
Btw, when will we officially hear from Stony Brook for interviews?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard from a fourth year student that their first interviews are taking place on Friday (October 8th), but they have a few students coming in at a time. I heard from them last Saturday, so I'm pretty sure they just recently started to get the ball rolling.

I would love to tell you all about my experience at Stony Brook thus far, but we're in the middle of a string of exams and I should probably be studying right now! So here is the brief version:
-Small class size = personal attention and community atmosphere
-Accessibility of faculty
-Medical school classes
-Top reputation
-High specialization rates
-AMAZING clinical training
-Cheap tuition
-Opportunities for research, outreach, and other extracurriculars that will supplement your education and help you stand out

I wish there was time to go into detail and more thoroughly provide you answers but at least take away that I sincerely believe Stony Brook is a unique school with unmatched opportunity and academic preparation. As someone who had an incredibly difficult time deciding between schools, I feel really lucky attending Stony Brook.

I would love to tell you all about my experience at Stony Brook thus far, but we're in the middle of a string of exams and I should probably be studying right now! So here is the brief version:
-Small class size = personal attention and community atmosphere
-Accessibility of faculty
-Medical school classes
-Top reputation
-High specialization rates
-AMAZING clinical training
-Cheap tuition
-Opportunities for research, outreach, and other extracurriculars that will supplement your education and help you stand out

I wish there was time to go into detail and more thoroughly provide you answers but at least take away that I sincerely believe Stony Brook is a unique school with unmatched opportunity and academic preparation. As someone who had an incredibly difficult time deciding between schools, I feel really lucky attending Stony Brook.

Please provide the long detailed version after your exam? :)
Good luck!

I understand that Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine is lucrative for it's location, cheap price, and small class size... especially for local NY'ers. However, what else makes Stony Brook stand out from other dental schools? What makes Stony Brook Dental School progressive and how does it differentiate itself from other schools? What is special about the program?
Where else can a person learn more about a school other than the school's official website, SDN, current students, and the ADEA Official Guide?
Btw, when will we officially hear from Stony Brook for interviews?
Thanks

These sound like great questions to ask the faculty and students during your interview at Stony Brook!