Stop & Shop - Rite-Aid Pharmacy techs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a pharmtech at CVS.

Stop & Shop & Rite Aid are both hiring now. I'm thinking of transferring there if accepted. (I haven't applied yet)

I already know that every retail pharmacy is the same. You deal w/ insurance & angry customers. Can anyone tell me from experience if there's a big difference in terms of protocols between CVS vs. STOP & SHOP or RITEAID?

For example, do I need to ask every customer for extra care cards at Stop & Shop or Rite Aid? Is their operating system old school? Do you need to wear suit & tie? I saw some pharmtechs at Stop & Shop wearing jeans only.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a pharmtech at CVS.

Stop & Shop & Rite Aid are both hiring now. I'm thinking of transferring there if accepted. (I haven't applied yet)

I already know that every retail pharmacy is the same. You deal w/ insurance & angry customers. Can anyone tell me from experience if there's a big difference in terms of protocols between CVS vs. STOP & SHOP or RITEAID?

For example, do I need to ask every customer for extra care cards at Stop & Shop or Rite Aid? Is their operating system old school? Do you need to wear suit & tie? I saw some pharmtechs at Stop & Shop wearing jeans only.
Rite Aid's system is superior in my opinion, I was essentially able to learn 80% of it in one day. As far as the attire I think everyone should wear a tie if you're in the pharmacy section, minus girls who should be dressed equivalently.

I worked for eckerd and stop & shop. Stop & shop is still going through the transition period with updaiting their computer systems. Aside from their computer systems, I had better pharmacy experience working at stop & shop because all the pharmacists, within the north jersey region, take their jobs SERIOUSLY and they actually like what they're doing.

i will note that the obselete computer systems used in stop & shop pharmacy did make a little bit room for error. However, the pharmacists they hire are so good at what they do, that they're more anal at picking up old computer error...which i find much better than pharmacists who soley depend on computers to pick up the errors.