Stop & Shop - Rite-Aid Pharmacy techs

Started by 186
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

186

?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a pharmtech at CVS.

Stop & Shop & Rite Aid are both hiring now. I'm thinking of transferring there if accepted. (I haven't applied yet)

I already know that every retail pharmacy is the same. You deal w/ insurance & angry customers. Can anyone tell me from experience if there's a big difference in terms of protocols between CVS vs. STOP & SHOP or RITEAID?

For example, do I need to ask every customer for extra care cards at Stop & Shop or Rite Aid? Is their operating system old school? Do you need to wear suit & tie? I saw some pharmtechs at Stop & Shop wearing jeans only.
 
I'm a pharmtech at CVS.

Stop & Shop & Rite Aid are both hiring now. I'm thinking of transferring there if accepted. (I haven't applied yet)

I already know that every retail pharmacy is the same. You deal w/ insurance & angry customers. Can anyone tell me from experience if there's a big difference in terms of protocols between CVS vs. STOP & SHOP or RITEAID?

For example, do I need to ask every customer for extra care cards at Stop & Shop or Rite Aid? Is their operating system old school? Do you need to wear suit & tie? I saw some pharmtechs at Stop & Shop wearing jeans only.
Rite Aid's system is superior in my opinion, I was essentially able to learn 80% of it in one day. As far as the attire I think everyone should wear a tie if you're in the pharmacy section, minus girls who should be dressed equivalently.
 
I worked for eckerd and stop & shop. Stop & shop is still going through the transition period with updaiting their computer systems. Aside from their computer systems, I had better pharmacy experience working at stop & shop because all the pharmacists, within the north jersey region, take their jobs SERIOUSLY and they actually like what they're doing.

i will note that the obselete computer systems used in stop & shop pharmacy did make a little bit room for error. However, the pharmacists they hire are so good at what they do, that they're more anal at picking up old computer error...which i find much better than pharmacists who soley depend on computers to pick up the errors.