Stop Zanki and Start UWorld? Step/Level 1 Advice Needed

Started by DameJulie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DameJulie

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am about 3.5 months from my test day. I am debating to make some big decisions heading into my board prep. Plan to write both COMLEX & USMLE Step 1 in mid-late June. If plans fall through and I fall very behind I might stick to COMLEX only.

I have pre-clinical classes until mid-April, and then clinical workshops/ACLS/OMM until end of May. I struggled in all classes so I prioritize passing classes over everything else. So ditch class and strictly do UFAPS all day doesn't apply to me. I watch lecture recordings in addition to attend tutoring to survive.

I am also about 25% done through Pathoma, 25% done through BnB, 10% through Pixorize, 100% Sketchy Micro & 50% through Sketchy Pharm. Again, wasn't able to keep up with them throughout M1-2 but hope to watch all of them by my test time.

I am planning to stop doing Zanki and start UWorld by doing ~10-20 Qs a day in March then bump it up in April. With the current classes and fluidity of our curriculum, I realistically don't think I can handle doing UWorld and Zanki w/o jeopardizing my class performance.

What advice do you have for my situation? I see myself as a below-average student evident by bottom half class rank, and bad time management. But any advice would help thank you!