Stop Zanki and Start UWorld? Step/Level 1 Advice Needed

DameJulie

2+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hello,

I am about 3.5 months from my test day. I am debating to make some big decisions heading into my board prep. Plan to write both COMLEX & USMLE Step 1 in mid-late June. If plans fall through and I fall very behind I might stick to COMLEX only.

I have pre-clinical classes until mid-April, and then clinical workshops/ACLS/OMM until end of May. I struggled in all classes so I prioritize passing classes over everything else. So ditch class and strictly do UFAPS all day doesn't apply to me. I watch lecture recordings in addition to attend tutoring to survive.

I am also about 25% done through Pathoma, 25% done through BnB, 10% through Pixorize, 100% Sketchy Micro & 50% through Sketchy Pharm. Again, wasn't able to keep up with them throughout M1-2 but hope to watch all of them by my test time.

I am planning to stop doing Zanki and start UWorld by doing ~10-20 Qs a day in March then bump it up in April. With the current classes and fluidity of our curriculum, I realistically don't think I can handle doing UWorld and Zanki w/o jeopardizing my class performance.

What advice do you have for my situation? I see myself as a below-average student evident by bottom half class rank, and bad time management. But any advice would help thank you!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.