Strange but Urgent Question here please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jokester

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a bit of an odd question here: First, if I apply to a medical school (let's call it, med school #1), get rejected, then apply to a different med school the next year, will med school #2 know and look badly upon the fact that I got rejected from med school #1?
also, what if i send in a primary application to a med school now and then decide to withdraw my application from that school? does anyone have any info about how that "looks" to med schools? will it be on "my record" and count against me? will any future med schools I apply to know about it?

I know these are strange questions, but I may actually need to know this stuff soon when my Aug mcats come in, so I'd appreciate any info anyone might have.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to SDN! :) Schools do not know which other schools you have applied to, either in the current or past application cycles, unless you tell them.
The only school that may know is that same school, because many schools ask on their secondary apps whether you have ever applied to this school before. I hope you are planning on applying to more than 1 school. Most people on this board apply to at least 10 and 15 - 25 is not unusual. You can always decide not to send in the secondaries and/or add other schools if your scores don't make you competitive at some of the schools you initially designate. But if you wait for your scores to even start applying, you will be putting yourself at a big disadvantage. Best of luck! Hope you get the scores you're hoping for!! :)